DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking at a couple of different tweeters to pair with my Scan 7" midbass and HAT L3 mids. I am looking at Dynaudio MD100 and Focal TNK. Any thoughts on these two would be great.

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
Depending on your budget I would suggest Scan D2004 or R2004 tweeters. For more $$$ Hertz ML280, HAT L1 Pro RR. Also there is a pair of Rainbow CAL-28's for sale in the classifieds.

I have listened to all of these except the Scan R2004 but I have heard it's big and little brothers. The RR are better more on axis. All of the above are superior tweeters.

I have listened to the L3SE with the Scan D3004 and ML280. Really the L3's don't need a lot of tweeter support. You could probably get away with almost any compenent tweeter.

I have never personally heard them but Morel Piccolo is very well regarded.

·
Premium Member
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the input this is exactly what I am looking for. I have not had a real nice system in a few years. I have owned some really nice gear in the past, but do not know much about the newer tweeters. That is the reason I am looking for people who have heard these tweeters and others to voice their opinions. I have owned Focal in the past, but have not heard the TNK tweeters. I did have a pair of the TN51 quite a few years back. I have liked the cars I have listened to that had Dynaudio, but never owned them personally. I will look into these other options as well. Budget is somewhat of concern.

·
Premium Member
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Nobody else has opinions of these tweeters. I can pickup the Focal TNK or Dynaudio MD100 in my price range. Just looking for input from people have experience these.

·
Registered
392 Posts
I would HIGHLY suggest either of the two Scan tweeter from above. Very nice tweeters !

Of the two you mentioned, I would choose the Dyns. You know my love of Dyns.

J

·
Premium Member
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the input. Are the scans a large flange tweeter or a small dome like the dyns? The only experience I have with Dynaudios is the ones we worked with in your car.

·
Registered
392 Posts
They are both somewhat small format. They are fairly deep due to the loaded rear chamber. I feel either of the Scans would be a better choice than the Dyn.

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
The Scan D3004, D2004, R3004, and R2004 are small flange (relatively) about 2.5", I think the Dyn is about the same size.

Check them om Madisound
Madisound Speaker Store

The BG Neo3-PDR is a nice tweeter too, I had a non-PDR version at one time. I think the Scans are a little better, especially below 4Khz. But they are also twice as expensive. And as I said in a three way the tweeter is not as critical.

·
Registered
5,234 Posts
Have you thought about the Dyn 102 tweeter? Very smooth and detailed. I'm probably putting mine up for sale very soon for the Esotar 110s so I can have a full Esotar setup.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts