Sub and box
1- Alpine type-X
box .65 sealed

Front speakers
alpine Type-X ref(6.5")
driving amp 50wx2 rockford fosgate
Rears
Removed

now currently i have 2 different wiring kits and haven't done the big 3 yet. I would like to do a 2 amp wiring set up properly+ the big 3) but don't know what brand of wiring, distribution blocks ect i should look at. I assume the cheap ebay stuff is crap and ive heard good things about Rockford fosgate.

what does everyone here recommend?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Its not "size" that i need to know about im going to use either 2/0 or 1/0 main 4awg to the sub and 8awg to the front speaker amp. and the opposite to ground.

I was wondering to whats a recommended brand for car audio wiring. I could look at welding cable though, hadn't thought of that. Im not worried about find a good price on the wiring, if it is good and recommended stuff then im sold.

·
Registered
7,203 Posts
OK I'm a fan of welding cable too but often it is actually more expensive than some audio brands.

I recently took a chance on a Phoenix Gold wiring kit I found on eBay, and I do have pics and a review of this on the forum. You can hunt it down for details if you want it, but the general point is that it is GREAT stuff and it cost very little. In my situation it was ~20ft of 1/0 gauge w/ a bunch of extra goodies like a fused battery terminal and a ground point as well as the usual connectors and what-not...all for $65 shipped. IMO, that is unbeatable.

I know they also sell a 4 gauge kit for $39, and that should be excellent as well. I can say with authority that even though we're talking a cheap price here, it is quality stuff...pure copper of course.

Other than that, look out for Kicker's overstocks on Amazon, and check live cashback to see if there's any cashback deals on good wiring.

Then, there's good 'ol Knukonceptz which is fantastic wire. The only thing I wouldn't buy from them at this time is the Konfused distro boxes, as they tend to strip too easily. A better solution is the EFX or Voodoo lineup on eBay for whatever you need, MIDI fused of course.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
OK I'm a fan of welding cable too but often it is actually more expensive than some audio brands.

I recently took a chance on a Phoenix Gold wiring kit I found on eBay, and I do have pics and a review of this on the forum. You can hunt it down for details if you want it, but the general point is that it is GREAT stuff and it cost very little. In my situation it was ~20ft of 1/0 gauge w/ a bunch of extra goodies like a fused battery terminal and a ground point as well as the usual connectors and what-not...all for $65 shipped. IMO, that is unbeatable.

I know they also sell a 4 gauge kit for $39, and that should be excellent as well. I can say with authority that even though we're talking a cheap price here, it is quality stuff...pure copper of course.

Other than that, look out for Kicker's overstocks on Amazon, and check live cashback to see if there's any cashback deals on good wiring.

Then, there's good 'ol Knukonceptz which is fantastic wire. The only thing I wouldn't buy from them at this time is the Konfused distro boxes, as they tend to strip too easily. A better solution is the EFX or Voodoo lineup on eBay for whatever you need, MIDI fused of course.
thanks for the info ill check it out.:)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts