DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,867 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Right now i have the chance to get ahold of an Eclipse 8053 at an awesome price, just wanted to know my other options and what else was out there that would be compraible to the 8053 or slightly better in the same price range of $300, with more features, and the like. I've looked at a few Alpines but none really caught my eyes, but waht others are out there that i could consider before i buy the 8053?

·
Registered
575 Posts
what is an awsome price? ive seen some 8053,s on ebay in good-excellent shape-so they say-between 220.00 - 300.00- if it in good shape and working order in that price range i think youll be very happy!!!

·
Registered
1,867 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Believe me if he's being straight with me than its a very good deal $280 shipped, but just really wanting to know that i'm getting the best for my money, and not to come back in a few weeks thinking i should have gotten another model which would have given me this much more flexability over the 8053 for a few dollars more. Which is why i ask if there are any better or compraible models out there for the money which would have more flexability than the 8053.

I also have someone that has a 8443 for a very good price $250 shipped, Which is also a good option but not sure if i should try the 8443 as i've heard from my other thread about HU's that there are problems with some of those, having noise and such.

His name Is BBOYSTEVIE from ECA who has the 8053.

·
Registered
206 Posts
You're always going to find a better deal on a newer HU with more of what you want.
I think the question is, does the 8053 meet your price range and feature criteria.
As built standpoint is concerned, it's solid, Eclipse has been around for a while, and that unit has a good reputation with quite a bit of flexibility.
The 8455 has more adjustment capability with different settings, GPS, etc..
The Alpine 9835 has a nice selection of controls over your system as well.
But you’re going to be hard pressed to find one of those for your price range.

And a year from now those will be in your price range and you'll be wondering if you should upgrade to the newer models.... :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.