DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,847 Posts
Waterfall plot tends to have a huge problem as it looks at around 3k hz, with the decay being ALOT longer than anywhere else on its spectral plot. Like they reccomend, if you use it use it above 3500hz to stay away from the Spectral delay problem. So that could be a considerable problem, but mabey i'm reading the waterplots wrong, just started understanding them quite recently, if i'm right then it could be a nice little textile tweeter. I have the TM025F1 and it sounds good, but the high end lacks considerably, i'd look into that tweet as well, its around $20 or so, may be selling mine soon as well.

·
DIYMA Founder
4,757 Posts
It has about the same low end extension as the LPG, not better. Also, I'm willing to bet distortion is very high anywhere below 5khz, due to the short xmax and small 20mm dome.

The LPG is a good, proven tweeter when used within it's limits. I can remember just a few years ago when people were paying $500+ for set's with much worse tweeters... like the Dynaudio md100, Focal tn-45/51, Rainbow Pro, or the CDT ES. AFAIK, I haven't come across a cheaper, better alternative in a compact neo tweet.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks NP. There aren't any cheaper alternatives to the LPG? What about the Peerless 53 NDT on axis? If I can point it directly at me, would it be a better alternative since it has better low end extension?

·
DIYMA Founder
4,757 Posts
$37 is pretty cheap for such a good tweeter. I hate to say it, but AFAIK there's nothing that compares at that price in a compact dome. It's ridiculous what a good compact dome can cost... say like the Rainbow platinum :)

·
Registered
164 Posts
Might have troubles with directivity at higher frequencies with larger domes, though they can probably play lower better...but with small dome technology, getting a small 1 inch dome tweeter to play low is not hard...look at the SEAS Lotus small dome for example. I hear some morels do pretty well on the low end too.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Can someonw throw up a link to the LPG's. I've heard them mentioned many times and would like to check them out. Thanks in advance.

·
DIYMA Founder
4,757 Posts
If you search the review section there's a datasheet posted.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts