Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bought the processor in this thread:

http://www.diymobileaudio.com/forum/car-audio-classifieds/116485-bnib-ppi-dcx-730-active-xover-w-time-align-eq-300-obo.html

Described as BNIB and perfect as you can see for yourself. Take a close look at the pics, because this is how it was sent to me, with no additional packing material at all nor put in the bag that the main unit is SITTING ON TOP OF. The factory packing material was not intact, so the processors, screws and control unit were loose. Unit ended up with scratches on the processor, scratches on the control unit as well as the rubber USB cover came off and was floating around in the box. The icing on the cake was that when I opened what was left of the factory styrofoam, the main unit was sitting ON TOP of a bag that it could have been put in and avoided alot of the damage. A handful of packing peanuts would have made this thread unnecessary.

·
Registered
876 Posts
I saw this unit in person yesterday, as it was shipped.

Both the main chassis and the display were pretty scratched up. In fact, the only thing that would suggest that the unit was new, was the fact that there were no scratches from mounting.

I'd be pretty hot right now, if that's how something described as BNIB/Perfect arrived to me.

Sorry about this Glenn.. Hopefully the seller takes steps to make this right.

·
Registered
781 Posts
I appologize if the processor was not up to your standards. The unit was absolutely mint when it left my hands. I did everything I could to ensure that it was shipped properly. Appahrently there must have been some issues durring shipping. If you would like, we can file a claim. As according to your statement, it seems to be in pretty rough shape. Let me know what you want to do.

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I appologize if the processor was not up to your standards. The unit was absolutely mint when it left my hands. I did everything I could to ensure that it was shipped properly. Appahrently there must have been some issues durring shipping. If you would like, we can file a claim. As according to your statement, it seems to be in pretty rough shape. Let me know what you want to do.
My standards were set by your description...BNIB and perfect. I don't believe there is much up for debate on those. Looking back at the auction, I can see a scratch in the picture that is on the unit now. I assume additional scratches were either present before shipped or happened during shipping. Either way the packing job was not adequate, so there is no way a claim will be approved. I believe a reasonable option is a refund of a part of the purchase price to compensate for the condition of the item.

Here are pictures of the packaging as it arrived at my door:

As you can see there is no additional packaging to keep the contents from colliding and there is the plastic bag that the unit was set on instead of IN.

·
Registered
781 Posts
They beat the crap outa that box ! Tough one man...scratches are no fun. Again, lemme know if you wanna put in a claim. I'm sorry you are unhappy... other than that there is not much I can do. It was not my intention to sell you anything but a great sound processing unit.

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
They beat the crap outa that box ! Tough one man...scratches are no fun. Again, lemme know if you wanna put in a claim. I'm sorry you are unhappy... other than that there is not much I can do. It was not my intention to sell you anything but a great sound processing unit.

I'm sorry you just can't see that your packing job is the reason the unit is in the condition it's in. If you feel you did a better job packing than I am describing, you sent me a unit that was already scratched. And yeah, the box was beat up, that's why double boxing is important. I feel I have a reasonable request, so we shall let Paypal decide.

·
Registered
5,830 Posts
They beat the crap out of a box that you should have double boxed and packed securely inside anyway. To be honest, I have shipped a handful items in the original boxes wrapped in butcher paper but ensured that all contents inside were protected well above how the factory packs to prevent any damage

I cant believe you think that is adequate packing. If you file a claim, I am 99% you will be denied due to inadequate packing! I believe a full refund is owed if Glenn were to return the item or at least a partial refund if he keeps it.

I hope you guys work it out but filing a shipping claim will get you and Glenn no where in this situation IMO

·
Registered
238 Posts
Simple solution: Buyer and seller agree that buyer sends it back. Seller gives full refund, plus covers shipping that buyer was out.

Seller learns lesson.

Seller re-lists item with its now damaged condition, and re-sells it to a person that wants it with its present flaws.

Seller packs it correctly this time ( probably just using packaging that current buyer uses to return package).

That is one solution...or, if current buyer still wants it, seller offers a partial refund that both parties agree on.

·
Banned
1,623 Posts
The only problem is the seller's response is pretty crappy:

Maybe he thinks if he keeps repeating the statement the buyer will just accept it and move on.... (Note my sarcasm)

·
Registered
546 Posts
Heres my two cents...the looks adequate to me. No major dings on the corners, or smashed sides. The styrofoam interior seems to be intact and not harmed. Where I see the problem is within the box. There was enough room inside for the contents to slide around and get scratched up. At the least the contents could have been wrapped in newspaper and then the box could be stuffed with newspaper to keep everything stationary. I dont know the entire situation, but that is my thought on that. I hope they can work it out.

·
Registered
140 Posts
The only problem is the seller's response is pretty crappy:

Maybe he thinks if he keeps repeating the statement the buyer will just accept it and move on.... (Note my sarcasm)
I think he means if the buyer wants he will open a claim with the shipping company... Since the shipping company did seem to go a little rough on the box

Sent from my LG-MS910 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
Looks like the buyer is trying to say "sucks for you man" and not accept responsibility for the problem. It is clearly the seller's fault that the item is beat up. I tell you one thing, If the seller doesn't take responsibility for his F-up he'll be hard pressed to sell anything to any of us in the future. Man up dude! You were irresponsible so you need to give him his money back and learn from this.

·
Premium Member
1,775 Posts
Looks like the seller is trying to say "sucks for you man" and not accept responsibility for the problem. It is clearly the seller's fault that the item is beat up. I tell you one thing, If the seller doesn't take responsibility for his F-up he'll be hard pressed to sell anything to any of us in the future. Man up dude! You were irresponsible so you need to give him his money back and learn from this.
Fixed :D

·
Registered
876 Posts
Whether or not it was damaged in transit due to poor packaging, or before he even placed the ad is beside the point. I only say this because I saw the condition of the equipment. It is not by any stretch what was advertised, and the actual box seemed to be in good shape.

The seller basically stuck it to the buyer and will never get a dime from me. Maybe he'll find the eBay crowd a bit more forgiving than DIYMA.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.