DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I missed the forum boner on these and most of the pictures links are down. Trying to gather an idea of how to mount these if I were to get them. I'm thinking about using those metal strips w/ screw holes throughout and then bending them on-axis, then bolted to my pillars if that makes any sense.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Hey bro, I'll take a few pics of my setup for you and try to post them tonight.

I found a kit for mounting speakers to a wall and made it work to mount mine. I have the Neos without the back cup but I think it would work for you as well, in fact it'll probably make it easier. It's a swivel mount so they're easily adjustable in all directions. I'm no golden ear, but I think it sounds pretty darn good!

Peace. :)

·
Registered
202 Posts
It took me a long time to come up with this ... I was trying to think of a way to mount them like yourself. If you search "BGNeo3" you'll see a build thread by ArcL100 I think that is a really nice alternative.

Anyway, when I ran across this mounting kit I knew I'd be able to mount them. (LOL, 12 bucks at a local discount store). The trick was to attach a mounting screw to the back of the back of the driver. I used JB Weld to attach it and then the whole thing just screws right in. Again, I don't have much to compare them to, but the detail in these things is amazing.

There you have it, bro. I've overcome my embarrassment over the lamp cord ... so I hope it's helpful! Actually, a few months ago I started drilling and grinding some openings to thread the "speaker wire" through (new black lamp cord :D) but never finished. Considering my record on that, I may never dress up the mounting surface on the front or put some spade connectors on. But who knows, you may inspire me once you post up some pics of whatever you do. ;)

Attachments

·
Registered
8,524 Posts
It took me a long time to come up with this ... I was trying to think of a way to mount them like yourself. If you search "BGNeo3" you'll see a build thread by ArcL100 I think that is a really nice alternative.

Anyway, when I ran across this mounting kit I knew I'd be able to mount them. (LOL, 12 bucks at a local discount store). The trick was to attach a mounting screw to the back of the back of the driver. I used JB Weld to attach it and then the whole thing just screws right in. Again, I don't have much to compare them to, but the detail in these things is amazing.

There you have it, bro. I've overcome my embarrassment over the lamp cord ... so I hope it's helpful! Actually, a few months ago I started drilling and grinding some openings to thread the "speaker wire" through (new black lamp cord :D) but never finished. Considering my record on that, I may never dress up the mounting surface on the front or put some spade connectors on. But who knows, you may inspire me once you post up some pics of whatever you do. ;)
:eek:, at least a couple of pieces of chewed up wriggles double mint sticks on those exposed terminals.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Problem is, aside from an obvious lack of inertia ... I only do Altoids since getting dentures.

:D

Okay, still :blush:

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
LOL thanks for the pics puddy, that is a great idea. But don't let Monster Cable see these install pics, because anything Monster inside a car is gonna get you sued hahaha, but great idea and I'll look for it next time I'm at Home Depot.

·
Registered
202 Posts
You're welcome ... and I'll keep an eye out for the monsters from Monster.

;)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts