DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://www.partsexpress.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?&DID=7&Partnumber=264-712

I'm sure that these are not as good as the lcy/seas combo that everybody in their right mind runs, but has anybody owned/heared these? The smaller planar tweeter has gotten good reviews in the home audio mags.

I would like something that could conceiveably run a full-range 2-way setup.

Point of reference for feedback: Would these sound better or worse in the treble than the JBL GTi 5.25 comps I have now?

Thanks in advance for the education!

·
Registered
212 Posts
I heard good things about them but of course not as good as ribbons. but hey they look pretty cool and the price seems right.

I was axctually looking at them a few months ago but decided against it.

·
Registered
75 Posts
I´ve heard them, but I can´t really "judge" them since they couldn´t be XO lower than 1khz in the system I listen too...

And the guy who has them is a SPL nut :) so there wasn´t too much SQ in that car...
He has the BG´s in the kicks, just in front of his 15" DD´s...
And yes, he has 15" in the kickpanels :D
For the really low sub sounds he has two DD 9917 behind the rearseat, facing forward...

He asked me to "tune" his sytem, but as I said, the Xo of only 1khz or higher made it hard too tune...
The 15" that´s being used as mids aren´t made too go as high as 1khz...
So I gave up the SQ and simply just enjoyed the backmassage from the DD´s instead :D :D

IMO they are worth trying though, with some tuning they should be able too "deliver"...

Good luck

Best Wishes
Rutger

1 - 4 of 4 Posts