Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For my fronts I'm installing a set of components
Focal PS 165Fx
6 3/4. 4ohms

Powered By

Alpine MRV-F300
50W RMS *4 @4ohms
75W RMS *4 @2ohms

My question is, if I do not bi amp, and I bridge the channels together, what do I do with the jumpers that are installed in the crossover?

In what channel do I input into the crossover? Tweeter (in) or woofer (in)
Or do I go in tweeter (-) and the woofer (+)

If I do Bi amp the crossovers, is it necessary that I use a different amp for both the tweeter and woofer input?
Or can I just use their own dedicated channel out of the same 4 channel amp.

Now coming out of the crossover is it straight forward from there? Meaning straight to the woofer and tweeter independently
Or do I have to wire them in parallel?

I feel like I should know the answer to that question, problem is I am completely unsure as to weather or not the crossover has any impact on total impedance or not.

Bottom line is, the manual is is very brief on wiring these components and I've probably read it 15 times waiting for the lightbulb to go off in my head haha

I spent good money on this set, and I'm a bit of a profectionist, so I'm wanting to connect everything properly, in the most effective way in order accomplish the highest level of sound quality possible!!

I appreciate the help everyone

CHEERS! AND HAVE A GREAT MEMORIAL WEEKEND!!

Reactions: studstables1

·
Registered
4,561 Posts
Shame on focal, they could not connect them in parallel inside the crossover, and with the jumpers they make the customer freak out

The crossover t clearly has the W and T, on the terminals , I'm sure you know W=woofer.
T= tweeter

To bi amp remove the metal jumpers. Then simply connect the W pos and Neg corresponding the indicated terminals, same for the tweeters, then your outputs and done

And yes you can use the 4 ch amp 2 ch per tweeters 2 ch per midwoofers

·
Registered
4,561 Posts
Amp speaker terminal outputs , Amp ch 1 to right pos neg, ch 2 left ( different crossover) pos neg these will be the tweeters

Amp ch 3-4 speaker terminal same thing for the midwoofers, to right and crossover channel or #3 pos and neg , then the left crossover ch 4 pos neg to left crossover

Then outputs from the crossover pos neg to tweeter pos neg to m woofer, same thing with the left crossover

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Top of page 4 shows how to connect when not bi-amping. (Leave jumpers on)
Page 5 shows how to connect when bi-amping. (Take jumpers off)
Am I missing something?
Lol it's like he didn't read my thread...

Thank you everyone.
So how do you wire when NOT bi amping??

I'm a very visual person so my apologies ahead of time.

I just don't understand how it would be wired if the jumpers stayed in both input slots and you were only left the output section of the crossover

·
Registered
355 Posts

Thank you everyone.

I just don't understand how it would be wired if the jumpers stayed in both input slots and you were only left the output section of the crossover
Look at the picture on the top of page 5 of the manual and it'll show you what it looks like with the jumpers on. Also, it shows you the inputs which logically you'd plug the negative input coming from your speaker lead into the T- and the positive input coming from your speaker lead into the W+.

·
Registered
1,200 Posts

Thank you everyone.

Leave input jumpers on.

AMP+ goes to either T+ or W+ input (they are jumpered together so doesn't matter which one)

AMP- goes to either T- or W- input (they are jumpered together so doesn't matter which one)

Woof and Tweet connect to passive crossover's outputs same as biamping.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.