DIYMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just don’t big 3 haven’t done the alternator yet. But i’ve done the chassis and engine grounds, i had a bit of a noise prior to installing big 3 but after completing it seems to have worsened. it sounds like beeping and stuff not a constant ring this is with and without engine running. Anyone got an idea what’s happening here? let me know please thanks you any help is greatly appreciated

· Registered
2,204 Posts
did you replace wires or add to them? I would recommend only adding additional grounds and keep the factory wires. If the ground loops worsened then you have a poor connection. Did you clean the surfaces appropriately?

Did you change any else related to wiring at the amps during this time?

· Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
did you replace wires or add to them? I would recommend only adding additional grounds and keep the factory wires. If the ground loops worsened then you have a poor connection. Did you clean the surfaces appropriately?

Did you change any else related to wiring at the amps during this time?

no i changed nothing else i did wire brush all contact points and kept factory grounds. i was thinking maybe if i had a ground loop before then doing the big three which gives less resistance for the whole system could that of amplified a ground loop that was already present or am i waffling?

· Registered
665 Posts
Try adding a short, 8" wire going from the metal structure of the dash over to the sheet metal body, generally it only grounds through the mounting bolts... Sometimes a wire from the chassis of the head unit to the metal structure of the dash is needed. Or go full Monty and ground the head unit to where the next item in the chain is grounded.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.