1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,147 Posts
What version of WinISD are you using?

·
Registered
2,147 Posts
.50A7 is the last one I’ve downloaded with the least amount of hiccups.
Those earlier versions had bugs when calculating multiple sub alignments (along with a number of other things) and sometimes the EBP would go wonky due to the Qes addition. For what it's worth if you manually calculate the EBP and it's between 25-75 then you can pretty much use any alignment and it will work... it's only when it's over 100 or in the Single Digits that you should go "only" ported or sealed.

Version 0.7.0.950 is stable (except for the damnable division by zero if you mistakenly type a non-numeric character in somewhere but that's all versions) and seems much more reliable when doing multiple woofer alignments.

·
Registered
2,147 Posts
Ok. So here goes a story of an old man’s ignorance whilst I still complain about winisd because SURELY the user can’t just be moronic, could they?

I obviously didn’t pay attention somewhere along the line. I went adding numbers as I saw fit. My box is this wide x that long x that tall.

I tried making the program work to my liking instead of working WITH the program to find my best outcome.

Started fresh and came up with ALL the “consistency fail” issues. WTF?! 🤬

Ok, says “qts/qms” some other crap but the digits are exactly what the manufacturer supplies. Does winisd know better? Fml, idk, but let’s run with it.

Empty a box and allow winisd to do its thing.

Vas changes from 46-49, ok? Idk if it matters but we’ll run with it…things SEEM to be ok, warnings have disappeared now.

Oh, wait, what’s this? My sd changed from 810cm2 to 590? A 15” diameter is a 15” diameter, no? Did I miss something? I likely did.

Oh, THERE IT IS….my vas is now 93L? Lol.

Do factory numbers not mean anything? As I go along here this program is suggesting a 2.3cube vented box with a 4” aero sitting around 12” long for a tune of approx 32 and change.

I’ve got this thing in 4.25cubes and my half deaf ears say she wants more space, but idk.

Factory recommendation is 3-5 ported.

My patience levels currently sit between that of a 5 yo that’s three hours past bedtime and an 85 yo that keeps waking up and having to deal with society. Im about ready to just pay the pros to design the stupid box.

I can fix nearly anything mechanical. I can repair almost anything in/on/under your house. I can build your house. Hell, when I still punched a clock….I’m the guy they call at 0100 when things have failed and the graveyard leads can’t figure it out!

I can help you game the system and provide great life advice, but for the love of all things holy, these damn computers could cause me to fight people!

Thanks for the assistance and pointers, and bothering to read my posts. Enjoy your day! Rant over.
Wait until you have to change from cm^2 to in^2 cause some driver only comes with one or the other and then forget to change it back on the next driver... or CMS is in micrometers instead of millimeters and you didn't notice that miniscule label was on the wrong one and waste a sheet of MDF for no reason! You'll really come to love WinISD then... ;-)

Reactions: Spl_TrashPanda
1 - 3 of 3 Posts