DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Old folks like myself get tripped up easy these days. I was thrown off thinking the “EBP” number was generated by winisd, but that number wasn’t changing so I assumed it to be a generic number that was just always there.

Until, I noticed it had changed.

All numbers are the same except that EBP which isn’t even close either way.

What am I doing wrong? How do I fix it? Does it even matter? Fs/qes is 82.2 so what gives? Am I mistaken in the math to find this number?

thanks in advance!

Attachments

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I can’t remember the site, but somewhere on the web was a discussion about the exact parameters that should be filled in… any more or less caused inconsistencies in the prediction.
Awesome, thank you!! I know what my next google-fu mission is!!

I’ve got plenty of time on my hands to build boxes but with mdf still nearly $70 a sheet…..I’d like to have most of my t’s crossed and I’s dotted.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ok. So here goes a story of an old man’s ignorance whilst I still complain about winisd because SURELY the user can’t just be moronic, could they?

I obviously didn’t pay attention somewhere along the line. I went adding numbers as I saw fit. My box is this wide x that long x that tall.

I tried making the program work to my liking instead of working WITH the program to find my best outcome.

Started fresh and came up with ALL the “consistency fail” issues. WTF?! 🤬

Ok, says “qts/qms” some other crap but the digits are exactly what the manufacturer supplies. Does winisd know better? Fml, idk, but let’s run with it.

Empty a box and allow winisd to do its thing.

Vas changes from 46-49, ok? Idk if it matters but we’ll run with it…things SEEM to be ok, warnings have disappeared now.

Oh, wait, what’s this? My sd changed from 810cm2 to 590? A 15” diameter is a 15” diameter, no? Did I miss something? I likely did.

Oh, THERE IT IS….my vas is now 93L? Lol.

Do factory numbers not mean anything? As I go along here this program is suggesting a 2.3cube vented box with a 4” aero sitting around 12” long for a tune of approx 32 and change.

I’ve got this thing in 4.25cubes and my half deaf ears say she wants more space, but idk.

Factory recommendation is 3-5 ported.

My patience levels currently sit between that of a 5 yo that’s three hours past bedtime and an 85 yo that keeps waking up and having to deal with society. Im about ready to just pay the pros to design the stupid box.

I can fix nearly anything mechanical. I can repair almost anything in/on/under your house. I can build your house. Hell, when I still punched a clock….I’m the guy they call at 0100 when things have failed and the graveyard leads can’t figure it out!

I can help you game the system and provide great life advice, but for the love of all things holy, these damn computers could cause me to fight people!

Thanks for the assistance and pointers, and bothering to read my posts. Enjoy your day! Rant over.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts