DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
3,007 Posts
Man, this thing would be awesome for some 8 ohm raw driver midbasses! Not quite the sub amp I was hoping tho.....

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
I was wrong, the 2360 is actually a bridged 4180 meant for Harley riders to blast special Hertz speakers designed for max SPL in harsh environments, like riding a Harley. This explains the weirdness of the outputs at 8 ohms vs. lower impedances. The 2250 should also price closer to the 2180, when it releases.

The 2250 is due out any day now; I am catching up with BT on Monday and will report back with any news.

·
Registered
5 Posts
In
Awesome stuff!!

Man, I'd love to do a head-to-head with one of their 4's to something like a JL XD or my PDX's. Wouldn't that be the shiznit if they equaled or even bettered some 'namebrand' usual suspect reputable class-D's, being kinda apples to apples.

I think I'm also intrigued by these also because I have a huge place in my heart for small U.S. business.
And no junk.. no crossovers and shhtuff that 'power user' folks with DSP capability don't want and wish wasn't there.
Man if it had 10 or 8 awg crimp-downs, it'd be the perfect tiny-space amp.

Makes me start thinking about some glassed engine-guard mounted "pods" for my Hard-Ball (the "better" American cruiser).. No fairing on the cross-roads bikes, alas. Put one of these in one of the cavernous bags nice and tidy with some kind of iphone DAC/preamp driving it.

I’m running a BT4180 and had a XT60 connector done with 8ga which is now my power wire to the amp cost time and wait and @$15 off eBay

21 - 25 of 25 Posts