DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 85 Posts

·
Registered
946 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all.

I just thought I'd see what the ratio of bad to good Bit Ones was so far. I'm toying with the idea of using one to replace my entire head unit (since I run a digital media player optically into my DRZ and never listen to CDs or the radio anymore).

PLEASE POST EITHER "WORKS GREAT" or "NO GO" at the top of your response... then elaborate if you want to do that again... or link us to your thread if you wish.

Surely others out there are looking at getting one too - and right now its too hard to tell if 20% are having the terrible troubles or 80%. In the end, it sounds like it'll end up being great... but I truly sympathize with those who are having troubles. I had a pc once that took 6 months to debug and turned out to be just extremely fussy on which ram it would work with... but mass-murder seemed reasonable if I could have caught the makers of tht mother board!

Thanks ;)
Less

·
Registered
240 Posts
Ill buy another one in a heartbeat....... love mine... no more issues... got another one comming for my other car!!!

I think this post should be left to the people who ACTUALLY OWN and have the unit..... people who are going off of hearsay or what their friends say should keep their opinions left for someplace else... Just my $.02....

·
Registered
347 Posts
Works Great

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
Ill buy another one in a heartbeat....... love mine... no more issues... got another one comming for my other car!!!

I think this post should be left to the people who ACTUALLY OWN and have the unit..... people who are going off of hearsay or what their friends say should keep their opinions left for someplace else... Just my $.02....
And my $0.02 is that I don't need to ACTUALLY OWN the unit to provide my $0.02 that the BitOne is a poorly designed piece of junk. This isn't religion. There are plenty of FACTS to go on. Not hearsay, FACTS.

Sorry for crapping on your OP, less, but I just can't possibly imagine that you wouldn't severely regret ditching the DRZ.

·
Registered
240 Posts
And my $0.02 is that I don't need to ACTUALLY OWN the unit to provide my $0.02 that the BitOne is a poorly designed piece of junk. This isn't religion. There are plenty of FACTS to go on. Not hearsay, FACTS.

Sorry for crapping on your OP, less, but I just can't possibly imagine that you wouldn't severely regret ditching the DRZ.
Actually.... I have no regrets at all about getting a bitone.... I stuck it out thru the problems .... let Audison work with me... and now i have an incredible sounding noise free processor that does everyhting i need it to do.... So far I have done 4 total installs and they are now all noise free.... so go figure... YES I DID HAVE PROBLEMS WITH MY FIRST UNITS ... dating back to December.... and I spent countlesss hours working on the phone with Audison to find a solution to these problems I was experiencing. In the end the problems appear to me to have been fixed and now no longer an issue.... So I will join the growing number of users who now have clean, clear, and noise free operation in my Passat and soon to be in my Saturn to...

I can totally understnad some of the frusterations of some people....I guess i have more patience than others... I just personally think that the way this was handled on this forum was blown WWAAYY out or perportion..... in hte mean time ill enjoy my Bit One and ill nejoy the other one I have on the way...

PS.... Im personally suprised that Audison is offereing any support to half the guys who own one on this forum since it appears that almost all of them were purchased online, sideways, or our of a authorized dealers territory... Honestly.... that says a lot to me about customer services when they are willing to break their own policy to take care of any kind of issue... fault or not...

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
Actually.... I have no regrets at all about getting a bitone.... I stuck it out.... let Audison work with me... and now i have an incredible sounding noise free processor that does everyhting i need it to do.... So far I have done 4 total installs and they are now all noise free.... so go figure...

I can totally understnad some of the frusterations of some people....I guess i have more patience than others... I just personally think that the way this was handled on this forum was blown WWAAYY out or perportion..... in hte mean time ill enjoy my Bit One and ill nejoy the other one I have on the way...

PS.... Im personally suprised that Audison is offereing any support to half the guys who own one on this forum since it appears that almost all of them were purchased online, sideways, or our of a authorized dealers territory... Honestly.... that says a lot to me about customer services when they are willing to break their own policy to take care of any kind of issue... fault or not...

I'm with ya on this one Fred. Never used one, but it appears the ones that do have issues get handled very well. Audison is aware of the problem and I'm sure they're working very hard to fix it, if it isn't already fixed and just starting to trickle down to the remaining bad units. I also thought that Audison forbid dealers selling out of their area, or at least as far as warranty coverage was concerned, nice to see that they're still helping the end user out on this one.

·
Registered
425 Posts
Actually.... I have no regrets at all about getting a bitone.... I stuck it out.... let Audison work with me... and now i have an incredible sounding noise free processor that does everyhting i need it to do.... So far I have done 4 total installs and they are now all noise free.... so go figure...

Some great and valid points. i remember last year when i trying to get some quotes on some audison amps, Don told me that he couldn't sell outside his territory. Im glad Audison is standing behind their product. my unit got some problem which i hope can be taken care tomorrow, and to be honest if i had to do it all over again, i would. im totally in love with the interface.

·
Premium Member
1,292 Posts
I guess i have more patience than others... I just personally think that the way this was handled on this forum was blown WWAAYY out or perportion.....
What does having patience and where you purchased it have anything to do with the design of the unit?

Some DIYMA member(s) are on their THIRD Bit One. And you say you have MORE patience? Please. I am on my second unit and my dealer is wanting me to go for a third. I am working with him and doing the trouble shooting they have asked, even though what I really want is a refund. I will get one. I have to say that some of the information that is being relayed to me has an OBVIOUS spin on it to DOWNPLAY the real facts. i was told today that Audison knows of only "4 or 5" bad units. This was my dealer telling me that he was told this directly by Ken and Larry. Umm....I know of THREE people that have called my very same dealer. So either my dealer is spinning info or Advance, or Ellectromedia or Audison or ALL of em.

I understand your point about honoring warranties and the policies. But that does not speak to the actual product.

Meanwhile, rather than being negative about the people on this forum, why dont you offer some insight to us as to HOW you solved your problem, because me talking directly to Elettromeda, Advanced and my dealer has solved NOTHING yet.

I think I have been plenty patient. My stereo build has been completed for weeks now and right now I have a huge black hole in the center of it called a "Bit One" malfunctioning.

As you know, I have been told about the metallic paint...pheewwey. I took the case off mine today and it helped ZERO with the two main issues.

I am very happy that there are a few working examples out there to keep me inspired. As I stated in my thread, I think this product is genius. But until they get it perfect, its junk to me, and I am not just yappin out the side of my mouth. I think my You Tube videos (of my second unit) are awe inspring but not in a good way.

I look forward to this little poll (someone should make it an actual poll instead of some running thread tally). So far I only know of two good ones. Craig, is your unit installed now? If so, that would make three.

I think that is still the minority.

·
"Authentic to the Music"
1,953 Posts

I'll say it here as I have said it else where. Audison support has been nothing short of amazing and I’m with you Fred, I'm one of the ones that will be sticking iy out. I love this unit, without the problems that is.

I'll be the first to say, yes I bought mine from outside my authorized dealer territory, why you may ask, because the only dealer near me would not return my calls after I talked to them about the unit and told them I would like to order one. So after about 2 weeks of calling to no avail, I went else in search of authorized dealer. Found one and bought my unit. Come to found at while at SBN my somewhat local dealer couldn't order me, even if they wanted to, for reason that I will not say and this was straight from the regional reps mouth. I knew him from coming to my shop when he was a rep for some other companies, but with my problems I’ve dealt with them thru the dealer and only call Audison when he asked me to. I’m a fair and patients person, and understand things happen and things go bad as long as the company is working to correct it and show signs of progress I fine.

Now!! I don't blame others for not having allot of patients, when they spend this type on money on something they expect it to be problem free from the jump, but we all know that is not the case allot of the time. As I admit the posts have gotten a little out of hand, this is the net I expect that.

Now the only thing I don't like about this is, the tech/s telling dealers out of 150 units sold in the US only 4 have had any type of problem. I think we know that this is not a true statement, your dealing with the problems and doing an amazing job at it, so no need for an untrue statement of such. It gets a little irritating to have someone tell you this when you know its not true and to try/do things that you have already told them/tech support you have done. Don't make your reseller try to make the customer/end user look stupid or incompetent. Well it was irritating to me today when I talked to the retailer and last week when I talked to tech support.

I will never tell anyone not to buy this product as I love the sound and flexibility of the unit. It is easily one of the best products to be release in some time in those aspects. I only say to everyone who is considering this unit, just make a educate decision.

·
Registered
8,988 Posts

You might want to include ALL the details about your particular unit before telling others to pick one up.

·
Registered
240 Posts
You might want to include ALL the details about your particular unit before telling others to pick one up.
The unit in my Passat is shipped from Passat... out of the box... and installed in the car... simply that..... Have I had problems in the past.... YES I DID.... now it seems that the problems are fixed..... all of the units I had had myt hands on in the past week are noise free....... and they all sound great..... for me I am 4 for 4 on installed units in different vehicles with another unit on the way for my daily driver....

·
Registered
240 Posts
What does having patience and where you purchased it have anything to do with the design of the unit?

Some DIYMA member(s) are on their THIRD Bit One. And you say you have MORE patience? Please. I am on my second unit and my dealer is wanting me to go for a third. I am working with him and doing the trouble shooting they have asked, even though what I really want is a refund. I will get one. I have to say that some of the information that is being relayed to me has an OBVIOUS spin on it to DOWNPLAY the real facts. i was told today that Audison knows of only "4 or 5" bad units. This was my dealer telling me that he was told this directly by Ken and Larry. Umm....I know of THREE people that have called my very same dealer. So either my dealer is spinning info or Advance, or Ellectromedia or Audison or ALL of em.

I understand your point about honoring warranties and the policies. But that does not speak to the actual product.

Meanwhile, rather than being negative about the people on this forum, why dont you offer some insight to us as to HOW you solved your problem, because me talking directly to Elettromeda, Advanced and my dealer has solved NOTHING yet.

I think I have been plenty patient. My stereo build has been completed for weeks now and right now I have a huge black hole in the center of it called a "Bit One" malfunctioning.

As you know, I have been told about the metallic paint...pheewwey. I took the case off mine today and it helped ZERO with the two main issues.

I am very happy that there are a few working examples out there to keep me inspired. As I stated in my thread, I think this product is genius. But until they get it perfect, its junk to me, and I am not just yappin out the side of my mouth. I think my You Tube videos (of my second unit) are awe inspring but not in a good way.

I look forward to this little poll (someone should make it an actual poll instead of some running thread tally). So far I only know of two good ones. Craig, is your unit installed now? If so, that would make three.

I think that is still the minority.

you are interested in the results of the poll.... but its based only on the people in this forum.... not of total slaes worldwide... or even US wide... doenst really claim to be a very spread poll with opinions of end users other than the FEW that have actually had the oppurtunity to use on in their own car from this forum which by now are going to be very biased and influenced based on nothing but negative posts... remember ... bad news travels faster and farther than good news.... but whenever somebody posts something good and not in the theme of the conversation of what is going on in the thread they get their head bitten off..... no wonder manufactures and several of the industry professionals dont want to participitate on this forum........

How did I solve my problem.... I worked with Elettromedia and they fixed the problems...... just like they should and like they are.... o special anything.... no modifications..... no secret handshake.... no passsword.... jsut recieved the new box... plug and play!!!! simple concept isnt it...

Seems at this point after the countless hours you have spent on this forum preaching to the world about the "Problems" its almost like you have alternativie motives at this point becuase things havnt worked out in your favor.... I bet if you spent the ammount of time talking with the manufacture that you spent on this forum slamming the product you might be in a similiar position that a lot of other people are that have successful installations with a Bitone... Just my $.02 in hte mean time... ill continue to enjoy my "working" bitone...:)

·
Registered
425 Posts
:snacks:

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
you are interested in the results of the poll.... but its based only on the people in this forum.... not of total slaes worldwide... or even US wide... doenst really claim to be a very spread poll with opinions of end users other than the FEW that have actually had the oppurtunity to use on in their own car from this forum which by now are going to be very biased and influenced based on nothing but negative posts... remember ... bad news travels faster and farther than good news.... but whenever somebody posts something good and not in the theme of the conversation of what is going on in the thread they get their head bitten off..... no wonder manufactures and several of the industry professionals dont want to participitate on this forum........

How did I solve my problem.... I worked with Elettromedia and they fixed the problems...... just like they should and like they are.... o special anything.... no modifications..... no secret handshake.... no passsword.... jsut recieved the new box... plug and play!!!! simple concept isnt it...

Seems at this point after the countless hours you have spent on this forum preaching to the world about the "Problems" its almost like you have alternativie motives at this point becuase things havnt worked out in your favor.... I bet if you spent the ammount of time talking with the manufacture that you spent on this forum slamming the product you might be in a similiar position that a lot of other people are that have successful installations with a Bitone... Just my $.02 in hte mean time... ill continue to enjoy my "working" bitone...:)
Just wow, Fred. Way to miss the point. You make yourself and who you represent look worse with every post you make. People like you are who make car audio what it is today.

1 - 20 of 85 Posts