DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

Which processor with my Alpine INA-W900?

• Bit Ten (RCA)

Votes: 6 33.3%
  • Alpine H701 (AI-net)

Votes: 12 66.7%
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am going to finally be upgrading to a proper processor. It is down to these two options. I am running an Alpine INA-W900 HU with AI-net and do not currently have any means for a digital connection to the processor. From talking to a few people on here, I THINK that the W900 will allow full control over the H701 just like the W910 does, so that is a big selling point for me. Also, if I went with the H701 I would connect to it via AI-net vs regular RCAs for the Bit Ten (also, in the future I could always add an Alpine CD/DVD changer with optical out into the H701). I will admit that I like the look and control it seems you get with the Bit Ten software, but it would be a PITA to have to drag the laptop out every time I want to make an adjustment. I'm not sure how the noise floor would compare between the two. Also, I should point out I am only running a 2-way plus sub configuration and don't really have any intention of going to a 3-way set up front in the future.

So I just wanted to hear from people who maybe had experience with these to weigh in. I've read through tons of threads and reviews already, just need some help making my final decision. I am leaning toward the H701, the only thing that has me a bit wary of it would be that it is an older unit and I wonder if there would be any noise or reliability issues vs the Bit Ten.

Thanks.

·
Registered
12,054 Posts
if I had an alpine HU that would control the H701, I would go with that just to have a simpler install and one less display to mount.

·
Registered
380 Posts
I dito that comment.... the H800 is the more advanced processor just from a stand point of its auto features. But I can't say one is better than the other or not... But Price can be a factor there too.. I run a 701 and love it. No issues and does all that I want it to do! Although I wish it was 10 channels instead of 8.

has any one worked with both in the same install?

·
Registered
641 Posts
I'm in a similar situation....Alpine head unit.

I'll probably lean for the 701. The Bit One is better, but my focus isn't on all out SQ at this point in time.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Really? Any chance you would like to qualify that "feeling" ?

Proof? Numbers? Specs? The whole reason we are on a forum is so we can get feed back from people that have real world experience or have an understanding of the Specs of a unit and how they translate to what we call SQ.

We are not here to listen to your feelings.... your shrink is for that....

·
Registered
17 Posts
Being a user of a bit 10 in my cruze I do know how well it performs and sounds, and I done think I need to qualify "feeling" any further

·
Registered
380 Posts
So.. I love my H-701 Processor, but I don't have any experience with the Bit 10. Im not going to make a statement that one is better than the other, because I can't. If I did I would be spouting off a "feeling" that I had. Not fact, not real world use.

Lets also say that you have also worked with the H-701 processor and have a first hand experience of how it worked and since you now have a Bit 10 you are probably qualified to give an opinion on how one worked vs the other. IF! that were the case, we then want to know what the differences were and possibly why there were differences.

Until then, keep your feelings to yourself....

·
Registered
12,054 Posts
so much hostility! lol

but chitown has a point. if someone ( you or anyone) is gonna say that something is better than something else, and you dont have experience with both the somethings you are referring to, then you are talking out of your ass :)

the fact that you know how well your item performs has nothing to do with how well another item might perform. you dont know if it will out perform you or not, I think that is the point here.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Everyone has the right to speak there minds out right???
so did I

but seems someone is offended and let me make it clear to you I never made any comparisons between them.
Nor was any statement made it was my piece of knowledge and thought shared.

so its better that u focus on the queries of the person rather than my "Feelings", until ofcourse your here to increase your post count rather than share knowledge.

Looking at you getting so offended I understood how much u loved ur H-701.

minbari : I have mentioned above that I am using a Bit 10 so I have experience as to how it performs. My post was a conclusion of reviews regarding the H-701 and also a first hand experience in a fellow gentlemen's car to which I found the Bit 10 in my car sounding better to my ears, which in a way would certainly not lead to talking out of anyone's ass.

·
Registered
12,054 Posts
so did I

but seems someone is offended and let me make it clear to you I never made any comparisons between them.
Nor was any statement made it was my piece of knowledge and thought shared.

so its better that u focus on the queries of the person rather than my "Feelings", until ofcourse your here to increase your post count rather than share knowledge.

Looking at you getting so offended I understood how much u loved ur H-701.
I think the point here is that you bashed a product in favor of another product that you never even used. how can you say that a bit1 is better than an h701 when you never tried it? you cant make that comparison.

the H701 has been considered an audiophile class product for alot of years.

·
Registered
380 Posts
so did I

That is called trolling .... many a people have been banned from this forum for that crap...

"In Internet slang, a troll is someone who posts inflammatory, extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community,"

To the OP, im sorry that this has gone this way, I would love to know the information that you are looking for as well. I love my H-701, but if something is better im all ears to its possible use!

·
Registered
12,054 Posts
That is called trolling .... many a people have been banned from this forum for that crap...

"In Internet slang, a troll is someone who posts inflammatory, extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community,"

To the OP, im sorry that this has gone this way, I would love to know the information that you are look for as well. I love my H-701, but if something is better im all ears to its possible use!
lol, dont know if I would go that far..........he was on topic and speaking his mind. they were not meant to be inflammatory and they were certainly not extraneous. I dont know anyone that would ban him for that. his opinions just dont have any basis in fact at the moment. :)

you, on the other hand are being rude. a simple correction or pointing out that his opinion had holes in it would have sufficed.

·
Registered
380 Posts
lol, dont know if I would go that far..........he was on topic and speaking his mind. they were not meant to be inflammatory and they were certainly not extraneous. I dont know anyone that would ban him for that. his opinions just dont have any basis in fact at the moment. :)

you, on the other hand are being rude. a simple correction or pointing out that his opinion had holes in it would have sufficed.
Agreed, I have been an A$$ and im sorry....

·
Registered
17 Posts
please read my above post and u will get the basis on which i'm conveying my thoughts minbari

it reads

"minbari : I have mentioned above that I am using a Bit 10 so I have experience as to how it performs. My post was a conclusion of reviews regarding the H-701 and also a first hand experience in a fellow gentlemen's car to which I found the Bit 10 in my car sounding better to my ears, which in a way would certainly not lead to talking out of anyone's ass."

·
Registered
12,054 Posts
please read my above post and u will get the basis on which i'm conveying my thoughts minbari

it reads

"minbari : I have mentioned above that I am using a Bit 10 so I have experience as to how it performs. My post was a conclusion of reviews regarding the H-701 and also a first hand experience in a fellow gentlemen's car to which I found the Bit 10 in my car sounding better to my ears, which in a way would certainly not lead to talking out of anyone's ass."
you have your opinion and you are entitled to it :)

but there are 100 other factors that could have caused your car to sound better than your friends car and the H701 vs bit10 are only 1 small link in the chain. unless you took both DSPs and swapped one for the other and did a blind listening test, you dont really know which sounds better. they are both well made choices with comparable features and quality.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts