DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all forum Vets... Who has used this feature on the bitone and found it beneficial? What were your thoughts? How did you set it up, and did you find it kept a satisfactory eq curve through all volume ranges? Any set up tips?

Thanks guys!

·
Registered
126 Posts
Hey all forum Vets... Who has used this feature on the bitone and found it beneficial? What were your thoughts? How did you set it up, and did you find it kept a satisfactory eq curve through all volume ranges? Any set up tips?

Thanks guys!
Hey I used mine for final shaping for EQ. I'd EQ the left and right separate so they sounded the same and then used the dynamic EQ to set EQ for left and right together then set the low and high volume to the same curve. I'm not sure if I'm hurting myself from that but it seems to work for me so far. Oh I guess I did set the low curve so that I had increase HF and LF so it's more dynamic and low volumes.

·
Registered
5,098 Posts
The typical smiley curve, a lot of people seem to like that sound.

·
18,607 Posts
I played around with it a few ways. never really used it because I hate the DRC and you have to use that to take advantage of the Dynamic EQ.

One way I set it up was with a mic calibrated for SPL and used the fletcher munson curves to tailor an eq that followed the equal loudness curve at low to high volumes.

One area I did find useful was areas of resonance that made themselves for apparent with volume. I had those spots cut at higher volumes so as I increased the volume, that area stayed relatively the same. Not exactly the best way to attack the problem but it was an experiment.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts