DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok guys first off i love posting in the SQ section because i believe its just more helpful.

ok so i downgraded my system from 2400w to about 1100w. got rid of my extra battery in the trunk, 2 BA gt-2300 amps and GT-475. i just got tired and fustrated with all the room they took.

what i have left from the old setup is the Pr060se, sr65(rear fills) clarion eqs746(never used) 0 gauge wire (already ran ) kinetik 1800 in the bay, 2 subs one is the BA spg555 (in its g-tuned box from BA) and a jbl P1224(2 cubiv ft box)

what i bought is a kenwood kiv-700 (good deal couldnt pass up )
Jl audio xd600/6 and 600/1

1st question is which of the 2 subs should i use i know the SPG would be under powered. and the JBL would match up pretty good. but which will sound better. this has been bothering me because i downgraded the system like a week after i got the spg and never got a chance to hear it. the subs are heavy to carry up and down 5 floors to test 1 by 1

2nd) im planing to run the the pro60se fridged on ch1-4 leaving 5,6 up in the air. im planing on using on the sr65 for rear fills bc i do have rear passengers time to time(or i can run the stock rear from the hu, but will mostlikely will clip) or i can bi-amp and run the tweets, how do the pro60se sound bi amped??

3r) should i use the eq? i know the Kenwood has awesome on board processing like slopes and x-over settings. some people say go for it others say no. will it help me enhance my sound.

4) i bought this HU and realized how am i going to set the gains?? i know you are suppose to throw the test tones on a cd, but what are my options rite now?
audiofiles the hu supports.
AAC-LC (.m4a)
MP3 (.mp3)
WMA (.wma)
Linear PCM (WAV) (.wav).

i have a radioshack DMM that has an auto setting that keeps messing me up. i cant afford a good oscope and really have no other use for it so i was thinking about grabbing a dso nano or that smd distortion detector looks good?

thank you guys so much

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
one more thing, if i biamp, do i need to split the front rca to tun to the tweeter ch? bc i will already be using a y adapter to bridge. what i can do is use another y adapter (1m to 2F) at the source rite? the question is.. is it worth it? (i already have the y adapters so not like i will be buying new equipment)

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Also if I use my eq I will lose on board processing such as tweeking the x-overs and other features. Thanks again. Btw the on board eq is a 5 band I believe

Tapatalk, the best thing since 3g data

1 - 3 of 3 Posts