1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Item(s) for Sale:

Black ppi art ax606.2

(2) painted spacers

Item(s) Description/Condition:

As many of you know I recently got this amp after avidly hunting one down. It is the best sounding front stage amp I've ever owned. It rocks my face daily on my 3 way active front stage, and having gone from the older ppi arts to the 1996 .2 upgraded power supply I could hear an very noticable difference for the better. The older arts were amazing, this thing is just pure sick.

Sadly, I'm never happy and I've deliberated between this or going back to the white ones, and I've found a white one I think I'll be happier with. So I'm listing this blacky here in hopes of recouping what I have invested into it. If I don't get asking price I'll save it for a rainy day. I attempted to touch up some of the scuffs with some paint, so instead of scratched bare alluminum, its a darker grey now and less of an eye sore. It's still one **** ***** dispite the blemishes. On the top silk screen side there's one good scratch on the right side, anythign else is minor to none. The graphics in excellent condition aside from the mentioned. Pics of the amp installed in the car have the touch ups.

For the record, it's rumored only 400 of these black 606's were ever made. This is truely a piece of car audio history.

Here's the thread I made after getting it in the mail:
http://www.caraudio.com/forums/general-discussion/523941-got-my-dream-amp-today.html

If you dont know the specs then do your homework. 3 way active 12db crossovers, best I've ever used. HPF on the tweets, bandpass on the mids, and an option for bandpass on the midbass or 24db lpf for subs.

Simply put, the cleanest god **** amp I've ever heard. The spacers are as rare if not me rare than the amp itself, and the amp's retail was $1800 back in 1996, the only year this amp and painted spacers were made.

manual:
http://www.precisionpower.com/Manuals/Amplifier Manuals/Precision_Power_Art Series Ax606.2 Amplifier.pdf

Price:

Amp: $515 + ship firm

Spacers: $100 + ship each firm
I will ONLY sell the spacers once I have a buyer for the amp. I want the buyer to have the spacers option, or if I dont get asking price I"ll still have the spacers with the amp. If you're interested in the spacer(s) individually then PM me and get in line.

$725 shipped for the whole package, and I'll throw in the board I have it mounted on in the pics.

NO TRADES

Shipping and Miscellaneous Item Information:

USPS Insured

Item Pictures:

Ref's: Years of selling on caraudio.com, You're in good hands.

** DO NOT DELETE ANYTHING BELOW THIS LINE OR THREAD WILL BE DELETED **
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please be advised, all buyers and sellers are responsible for performing their own due diligence when considering any financial engagement. We recomend that you:

1) Check the iTrader feedback of the person you are dealing with on this site, as well as other car audio forums.
2) Ask for a name address and phone number. Call them and verify their info.
3) Valid e-mail address. Correspond before committing.
4) consider using an escrow service to protect yourself.

DO NOT proceed with a deal until you are completely satisfied with the other party.

DIYMobileAudio & Collova Media Inc. is not responsible for the outcome of any transaction on this site and will not moderate on your behalf.

·
the darkside is loud
6,092 Posts
I see it's up for sale but I just don't believe it.

My 1st thought was..........really?

Then I read your install thread on CA and then I thought....REALLY?

Make sure you mention the spacer modifications.

Can't wait to see the white Art version.
Did you find spacers and endplates for it? :p

Bret
PPI-ART COLLECTOR

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
forgot to mention....

each spacer has 4 screw holes. I widened 2 holes on each spacer to fit a bolt that goes through the tops to attach the spacer to the amp. This way you can turn the endcaps inward like I have in my install.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
and i am excited. its been serving me well. I just have a white one thats near perfect and I'm tryign to hunt down white spacers. worst case I keep this and have a spare 606 :) and im okay with that. The wife wants me to sell off one so if i get asking price then i'll be willing to part

it's like a drug lol....

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.