DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Premium Member
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know a shop that will sell the Blackhole tiles? I want a box of 54 of them, but cannot find anywhere to buy them. I called Orca Design that gave me 3 stores here in Florida, and all 3 say they don't carry it and cannot get it.

·
2,102 Posts
Does anyone know a shop that will sell the Blackhole tiles? I want a box of 54 of them, but cannot find anywhere to buy them. I called Orca Design that gave me 3 stores here in Florida, and all 3 say they don't carry it and cannot get it.
Where in Florida?

·
Premium Member
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Big Thanks to Duane @ Orca Design! He called the closest shop to my house, explained to them what I wanted and that they do have access to it. Then gave me the owners contact info so I could place my order. I should have my box of tiles within a week.

·
Registered
2,236 Posts
Big Thanks to Duane @ Orca Design! He called the closest shop to my house, explained to them what I wanted and that they do have access to it. Then gave me the owners contact info so I could place my order. I should have my box of tiles within a week.
Did you get a quote? I almost shat my pants. But then again you get a big ole box if I remember.

·
Premium Member
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Did you get a quote? I almost shat my pants. But then again you get a big ole box if I remember.
I researched online that it's around $250 for a box, so I knew they wouldn't be charging me over that. I got them for $229 plus tax. I figure after having 130 Sq ft of Damplifier Pro to install, I might as well go all the way and get these as well for the doors and quarter panels.

·
Registered
2,236 Posts
I researched online that it's around $250 for a box, so I knew they wouldn't be charging me over that. I got them for $229 plus tax. I figure after having 130 Sq ft of Damplifier Pro to install, I might as well go all the way and get these as well for the doors and quarter panels.
Oh I totally understand, I was seriously considering a box before I too realized I didn't have a local dealer. I would love to chuck a couple in my doors. What is it like nine 4X4 tiles? My memory is crap.

·
Registered
2,049 Posts
54 tiles 4 x 4
Wow, it looks like REALLY nice stuff, but it better be for that price.

So...... PLEASE correct if if I am wrong (and DO note I am using round numbers with NO tax or shipping)

(54) 4x4 tiles = 6 sq ft

$240/6 sq.ft = $40 sq ft

And there we have the cost of the "normal" SDS solution---

SDS CLD + SDS CCF + TMS MLV = High Quality vibration damping and deadening

$5.00/sq.ft + $1.25/sq.ft + $1.80/sq.ft = $8.00/sq.ft of high quality damping and deadening

So while it looks really nice, does it perform THAT much better to pay FIVE times as much??

Please don't get me wrong, I LIKE spending money on high quality items for my SQ system in my truck, but

even the Cascade VB3, sometimes considered one of the best "one stop" deadening solutions is "only" $16.00/ sq ft.

·
Registered
2,236 Posts
Wow, it looks like REALLY nice stuff, but it better be for that price.

So...... PLEASE correct if if I am wrong (and DO note I am using round numbers with NO tax or shipping)

(54) 4x4 tiles = 6 sq ft

$240/6 sq.ft = $40 sq ft

And there we have the cost of the "normal" SDS solution---

SDS CLD + SDS CCF + TMS MLV = High Quality vibration damping and deadening

$5.00/sq.ft + $1.25/sq.ft + $1.80/sq.ft = $8.00/sq.ft of high quality damping and deadening

So while it looks really nice, does it perform THAT much better to pay FIVE times as much??

Please don't get me wrong, I LIKE spending money on high quality items for my SQ system in my truck, but

even the Cascade VB3, sometimes considered one of the best "one stop" deadening solutions is "only" $16.00/ sq ft.
Its not meant to be used like ccf or cld. Its meant to kill standing waves in your door.

·
Registered
2,049 Posts
Well either way it is very expensive for what it might do...seems like one could layer up same materials for much less if one wanted to...but now that I searched diyma for Orca and BH5 and BH tiles, I see that I am not alone in thinking that, so NO need for me to bring it up here again. Sorry to distract y'all.

1 - 20 of 63 Posts