DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I have a friend who's got one of these laying around. He's not sure how much to sell it to me (cuz it's about a few years old). Although, he just guessed $100 since he bought it for $200 a few years ago. I was interested in getting an amp to power components (front) and a sub that doesn't require globs of RMS wattage. I read up a bit on these and they seem to have a small footprint with decent power for it's size. Anyone had experience with these T-Class Blaupunkt amps?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Bump! Anyone?

·
Registered
267 Posts
Personally I'd try to get it for $75 if it's complete, but $100 is not terrible. I have a PA2150 running my sub and I'm convinced by the technology. I bought it 'raw' without the case plastic or accessories for $50 locally. $100ish is an eBay level price for a 4100. Make sure you get the power and speaker connectors!

Brian

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Personally I'd try to get it for $75 if it's complete, but $100 is not terrible. I have a PA2150 running my sub and I'm convinced by the technology. I bought it 'raw' without the case plastic or accessories for $50 locally. $100ish is an eBay level price for a 4100. Make sure you get the power and speaker connectors!

Brian
Ah, okay. Yea, my friend's running the PA2150 into a 10" Rockford Punch in one of his cars. He loves these amps and bought 3-4 of them because of the casing, power output, and the small footprint. He just had this one (complete and has a birth sheet, BTW) laying around cuz he sold one of his cars a few years ago. I'm planning to run either a set of Polk db components or Orion HCCA-6.2's (slim space, not many choices, LOL) and an RE104 (10" sub) in a sealed box. He also helped me a lot with my stereo installation stuff, so $100 isn't too bad then.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Man I wish I could find one! Those things rocked and would make for a nice amp in my tiny car.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hollandaze if you pass on it I'm interested ;)

Your friend sounds like me,I picked up a couple of PA series amps years ago off ebay and other online stores that were clearing out on them. In my beater Jeep Grand Cherokee a PA275 is powering a JL Stealthbox,and I just finished installing a PA2200 in my Tundra (powering a pair of 8" CDT subs). Both are mounted "raw".

Like briansz said make sure you get the two connectors,they're a proprietary design.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hollandaze if you pass on it I'm interested ;)

Your friend sounds like me,I picked up a couple of PA series amps years ago off ebay and other online stores that were clearing out on them. In my beater Jeep Grand Cherokee a PA275 is powering a JL Stealthbox,and I just finished installing a PA2200 in my Tundra (powering a pair of 8" CDT subs). Both are mounted "raw".

Like briansz said make sure you get the two connectors,they're a proprietary design.
My friend told me he loved those amps not only because they looked cool (this dude loves random gadgets), but they also had this quick release connector system. Is that what you're talking about?

·
Registered
267 Posts
The connectors are semi-proprietary. I have an Infinity Kappa 102a amp that uses something like them as well. You can pick them up on eBay, but they're like $30 +shipping <ack>. Not an option for me on a $100 amp, just get the connectors with it!

·
Registered
2 Posts
My friend told me he loved those amps not only because they looked cool (this dude loves random gadgets), but they also had this quick release connector system. Is that what you're talking about?
Yup. The cables are screwed onto the connectors and the connectors plug into the amp.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I bought one in 2006 and it runs my back speakers and my sub. My Blaupunkt stereo has a built in amp that I use to run the front speakers, the 4100 is a good amp for its size and it does not heat up. I have been a Blaupunkt guy since the 1980s, I am glad that they are under the radar for most DIY guys. Most people have never heard of them, I just had this amp put in yesterday in my newer car with a new Blau. Hamburg radio, even though the amp is a few years old the guy said he wished all amps came with the quick disconnects for the wires, says it makes them a lot easier to hook up and to remove the amp from teh trunk if needed. Good luck!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts