DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just talking to Solen Electronics, and they told me that they currently have the BlieSMa T25B tweeters on order.
Expected ETA is mid-February.
Price is: $695.00 Canadian Dollars (around $530.00 USD) per pair.

For anyone that doesn't know about these VERY IMPRESSIVE tweeters... here's a bit of info:

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
Damn you! Here take my money. Damn you! Lol!

I’ll probably be ordering them to try out by the time it starts warming up in the spring. I’ll be comparing them with the small format Scan Be tweet and the Focal TBM tweeter. Will be using Dyn e430 and Focal 3.5WM to compare for midrange duty.

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'd be VERY interested in that comparison, being that I also plan to pair them with Dyn E430's.
I'm mainly intertested in how they compare to the Focal TBM.

·
Registered
743 Posts
I would really like to know how they compare as well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
BliesMa just told me that the delivery for these has been pushed back to mid-March...

·
Registered
211 Posts
I was just talking to Solen Electronics, and they told me that they currently have the BlieSMa T25B tweeters on order.
Expected ETA is mid-February.
Price is: $695.00 Canadian Dollars (around $530.00 USD) per pair.

For anyone that doesn't know about these VERY IMPRESSIVE tweeters... here's a bit of info:

I read in another thread that the Bliesma tweeters rival the Utopia M's and for less money.

What is my interest is, I just had ARC 1.0 28mm tweeters installed. They are very good, sound quality-wise but I would consider beryllium tweeters instead. My issue is I need 28 mm tweeters like the ARC 1.0's due to my OEM sails which I'd like to continue to use.

Bliesma makes 25mm and 28mm tweeters but I'm not aware of any other companies that do.

Does anyone here have thoughts on the Bliema 25 or 28mm tweeters or another company that also makes similar great sounding tweeters of those sizes? Thanks.

·
Registered
5,640 Posts
25mm and 28mm does not mean outer diameter. That is the diapghram. The 25mm Bliesma is closer to 68mm outer diameter an the 28mm is 104mm outer diameter so I'm not sure what you mean when you say you'd like to continue using the oem sails. You would need some custom work done to make new sails for either of those tweeters ;)

Reactions: rton20s

·
Registered
211 Posts
25mm and 28mm does not mean outer diameter. That is the diapghram. The 25mm Bliesma is closer to 68mm outer diameter an the 28mm is 104mm outer diameter so I'm not sure what you mean when you say you'd like to continue using the oem sails. You would need some custom work done to make new sails for either of those tweeters ;)
Ok. I was just going on what the ARC 1.0 was. A 28mm tweeter. ARC Audio's website isn't the best so I will have to ask the shop where it was installed maximum depth. But it is shallow... The oem sails and door ledge don't leave much room in my '06 SLK55 so they matched my oem tweeter size pretty much..... This is how the tweeters look:

Thanks for your help.

·
Premium Member
9,180 Posts
What cap' said.

If you want to try a beryllium dome tweeter, the most compact model I am aware of is the 25mm Scanspeak D3004/6040-00. It is a little smaller but more expensive than the Bliesma T25B-6. I don't know the measurements of the Arc 1.0 tweeter, but I would guess that it is probably even smaller than the Scanspeak.

·
Registered
211 Posts
What cap' said.

If you want to try a beryllium dome tweeter, the most compact model I am aware of is the 25mm Scanspeak D3004/6040-00. It is a little smaller but more expensive than the Bliesma T25B-6. I don't know the measurements of the Arc 1.0 tweeter, but I would guess that it is probably even smaller than the Scanspeak.
Thank you. I just emailed ARC Audio technical to find out the mounting depth. As you can see from the pictures, they are shallow mounted tweeters for sure. They have metal housings and are heavy. But shallow..... The ARC's sound very good.but I'd like to know if I have the option to go to a higher end tweeter(if the sound bests my ARC 1.0's). I will look into the Scanspeaks...

·
Registered
189 Posts
Anyone hear these yet? Better or worse than the SS berylliums or flip a coin?
Bueller... Bueller... Anyone hear these yet?
I am assuming @jimmydee has now heard them and the Scanspeak versions. He is the one that turned me onto the Bliesma. I will look for the post and quote it if I find it.
edit: found it:
If you're considering a beryllium tweeter, then these are pretty good options:
(just my opinion)

GOOD:

BETTER:

BEST:

You need to consider value... what is it to you?
The Focal's are twice the price of the Scans... but they don't sound twice as good.
they sound better - but not twice better.

For me; Value is having the best premium sound I can get... but that's just me.
What is value to you?
Solen.ca showed a pair in stock last weekend so I bought them. Got this email in my inbox:
Dear Customer,

Thank you for your new order.

Unfortunately, the product is currently out of stock for aproximately 1 month.

Do you want to wait, take something else or get a refund ?

We are sorry for any inconvenience this may cause you,

Meilleures Salutations / Best Regards,

Hélène -
Solen Inc.
3940 boul. Sir Wilfrid Laurier
St-Hubert, Qc,Canada
J3Y 6T1
Someone must have got their order in first, so I took the refund.

I talked to Audio-Hi.Fi in Finland and they said they could ship them between 7/30 and 8/4, so I bought a pair from them. I'm guessing I'll receive them mid August.

I am using an AVI Sound HF-30B tweeter (from BSM 6.5" set). It's nice, but it's a 20 year old silk dome most have probably never heard, so even if I were to compare them to you, you'd have no context. These AVIs are more popular in Asia than they ever were in US or EU. It's no wonder, there are virtually no US retailers and if you email AVI, the person answering emails has the personality of a wet mop. My local shop has TBMs, but only in a display case, not for audition (WTF) and their wall has mediocre source and/or amplification because their TBE(?) tweeter up there doesn't impress. Thus, I have no fair comparisons for you.

After reading everything about beryllium tweeters though, I am expecting these to be keepers.

·
Registered
509 Posts
I am assuming @jimmydee has now heard them and the Scanspeak versions. He is the one that turned me onto the Bliesma. I will look for the post and quote it if I find it.
edit: found it:

Solen.ca showed a pair in stock last weekend so I bought them. Got this email in my inbox:

Someone must have got their order in first, so I took the refund.

I talked to Audio-Hi.Fi in Finland and they said they could ship them between 7/30 and 8/4, so I bought a pair from them. I'm guessing I'll receive them mid August.

I am using an AVI Sound HF-30B tweeter (from BSM 6.5" set). It's nice, but it's a 20 year old silk dome most have probably never heard, so even if I were to compare them to you, you'd have no context. These AVIs are more popular in Asia than they ever were in US or EU. It's no wonder, there are virtually no US retailers and if you email AVI, the person answering emails has the personality of a wet mop. My local shop has TBMs, but only in a display case, not for audition (WTF) and their wall has mediocre source and/or amplification because their TBE(?) tweeter up there doesn't impress. Thus, I have no fair comparisons for you.

After reading everything about beryllium tweeters though, I am expecting these to be keepers.
Nice, post a message up about your thoughts after you get them installed please

1 - 20 of 28 Posts