DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
285 Posts
I am assuming @jimmydee has now heard them and the Scanspeak versions. He is the one that turned me onto the Bliesma. I will look for the post and quote it if I find it.
edit: found it:

Solen.ca showed a pair in stock last weekend so I bought them. Got this email in my inbox:

Someone must have got their order in first, so I took the refund.

I talked to Audio-Hi.Fi in Finland and they said they could ship them between 7/30 and 8/4, so I bought a pair from them. I'm guessing I'll receive them mid August.

I am using an AVI Sound HF-30B tweeter (from BSM 6.5" set). It's nice, but it's a 20 year old silk dome most have probably never heard, so even if I were to compare them to you, you'd have no context. These AVIs are more popular in Asia than they ever were in US or EU. It's no wonder, there are virtually no US retailers and if you email AVI, the person answering emails has the personality of a wet mop. My local shop has TBMs, but only in a display case, not for audition (WTF) and their wall has mediocre source and/or amplification because their TBE(?) tweeter up there doesn't impress. Thus, I have no fair comparisons for you.

After reading everything about beryllium tweeters though, I am expecting these to be keepers.
I also have a pair on order likely in the same batch as yours coming from Audio Hi-Fi. Originally I was searching for the T25S-6 silk dome Bliesma but Solen didn't know what I was talking about so I scoured the internet and nada... crickets! Obviuosly these are made of "unobtanium" not silk! I'll need to make some sail panels for them and mess with the dreaded Molex door connectors again. I HATE MOLEX CONNETORS!!! Would love to hear from someone who's actually heard the T25B and their impression. Dave

·
Registered
285 Posts

Look what came in today! You think production on these is this low? #213 & 214! Hope to have a little time this weekend to start on some sail panels.

·
Registered
189 Posts
I just found mine by the door this morning. Delivery guy must have been too scared to knock yesterday. It's pretty disgusting, years and years worth of spider webs and trapped bug carcasses. I keep them as a deterrent for door-to-door knockers.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Temp installed and tuned to my kicks.

So far a positive experience but I find that without direct A/B it's hard to notice a huge difference. Gonna give it some time and many songs.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

21 - 28 of 28 Posts