DIYMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

Bluetooth APTX HD

8K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  Chickon1 
#1 ·
I am testing the new APTX HD protocol with my Samsung tablet. It promise to delivery streming audio in 48kHz/24 bit. Technically better than CD.
Let's talk about it, could be a good wireless alternative. Someone with experiences out there?

#3 ·
You need both transmitter and receiver devices with same protocol (aptx HD) or transmission occur in the lower protocol. My Samsung tablet has aptx only, but because of Bluetooth 4.1 version, I flashed a kernel found in xda forum to enable aptx Hd.

As receiver I am using oasis plus:
long range bluetooth transmitter and receiver optical - avantree oasis plus - Avantree

It works amazing, with optical output to feed my dsp.

This is a picture of the sample rate transmission:

#4 ·
> I am testing the new APTX HD protocol with my Samsung tablet. It promise to delivery streming audio in 48kHz/24 bit. Technically better than CD

You're lucky if you can do that, as I have an older Sony Xperia w/ APT-X and the older Bluetooth versions can't support anything quite that nice I believe.

I'm using a home Bose Bluetooth APT-X receiver in my car and it's really nice. I'm using the TOSLINK output to an Alpine DSP. Very clear.

It's hard to notice the Bluetooth limitations, as it sounds better than most people's system, lol.

#5 ·
If you can use HD protocol is even better! I use TOSLINK output to Alpine DSP, compared in the same system with a doble din Clarion with optical output, and believe me it's almost impossible to ear any differences! So far I am really happy with this system, no charging problems, no storage problems (my tablet support up to 400gb microsd!), also looks pretty cool!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.