DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can't seem to find **** online... I'm looking to stream audio from a bluetooth device to a receiver that has a toslink (optical) out for my H700.

·
Registered
2,798 Posts
ive never seen bluetooth not add noise, idk why you'd want to use it in an SQ system to begin with.

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
ive never seen bluetooth not add noise, idk why you'd want to use it in an SQ system to begin with.
I have all my music on my phone. it does bluetooth. its cleaner than having a wire on my dash. just because I want to enjoy a variety of music doesn't mean I have to carry 50000 cds so that my SQ system is always SQ. convenience is king!

also my bluetooth won't add the charging whine that you get with a GM vehicle and eclipse head units when you run them through the aux cable.

·
Registered
4,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Currently I'm running my Windows tablet carPC to a soundblaster usb soundcard which feeds optical to my H700. Works well. I was just looking at the newer Android or Blackberry tablets and was thinking if there was a way to use bluetooth instead of usb to toslink then it would give me more headunit options.

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Currently I'm running my Windows tablet carPC to a soundblaster usb soundcard which feeds optical to my H700. Works well. I was just looking at the newer Android or Blackberry tablets and was thinking if there was a way to use bluetooth instead of usb to toslink then it would give me more headunit options.
acer a500 does usb hosting with a full size usb port. why change anything but the tablet?

·
Registered
2,798 Posts
I have all my music on my phone. it does bluetooth. its cleaner than having a wire on my dash. just because I want to enjoy a variety of music doesn't mean I have to carry 50000 cds so that my SQ system is always SQ. convenience is king!

also my bluetooth won't add the charging whine that you get with a GM vehicle and eclipse head units when you run them through the aux cable.
I use a full featured deck with an ipod that i bought spacificly for my car, it rarley leaves it. been leaving it more oftent latley because of my transition into my new setup i have nos tereo so i jsut use it with headphones :laugh: im swithcing to a carputer soon so that'll change everyhting once over again. gonan drop in a 3tb HDD in, i'll never have enough music :laugh:

·
Registered
2,798 Posts
oh i woudln't do that! if you wanna run wireless for a media stream, but not for your back bone! thats crazy talk

·
Registered
4,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Doubt the Android OS has USB support for audio cards.

·
Registered
2,798 Posts
Doubt the Android OS has USB support for audio cards.
its just a unix bases OS, it can support a driver if its tweaked a bit. would be pretty hard to come by for a sound card i think, at least a specifiic one you'd be interested in.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts