DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody here ever done much in the kick panels of an E36? I have some idea's, and some stuff I learned from my last E36. I have a few questions, but want to see if anybody here has much experience with them first before I try to get too detailed. Thanks!

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Same thing I did in my last E36 - 7" Peerless HDS mids in the kicks, getting ~200 rms per side. Really looking for some advice from people who've done monster kickpanel installs. I did a pretty decent job on the last e36, just want to see if there's much I can improve upon from the last time with the same hardware.

EDIT: FWIW, here's the photobucket from my last install. The openings of the kickpanels in the E36 run along the entire length of the car under the doors, and since the last one was a track car that was also daily driven, it was a completely gutted interior, and all of those holes that run along the top of that channel would blow air out at me if I held my hand down there anywhere near them - meaning it was hugely inefficient. Really looking for advice on how to clean it up, and how a full interior car may actually benefit from those large steel leaky enclosures (thats also open on the top where the kickpanel exits to the dash area, which is full of wires - so also hard to just block off).

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v77/kendogg441/Green E36 install/

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
What exactly is your question? Im not sure if anyone really understands what you are wanting help on.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I did a pretty decent job on the last e36, just want to see if there's much I can improve upon from the last time with the same hardware.
What exactly is your question? Im not sure if anyone really understands what you are wanting help on.

I mean, I don't really have specific questions. I posted a link to pictures of my last install, and listed all of the hardware - am asking how I can do it better this time, preferably from somebody who's done a big power midbass setup in an E36 before (if anybody).

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
what did you not like about the previous set up... what do you think you could improve upon?

·
Premium Member
3,855 Posts
Do a search for my previous installs. I've done just about everything possible in the kicks of. An E36

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Do a search for my previous installs. I've done just about everything possible in the kicks of. An E36

I'll try, any links though? Thanks!

You might also search for "500 hp BMW m3 goes hybrid" in the install section too.

I've seen the install many times. Don't really think that would be suitable for me, I don't think plasma cutting structural parts of the chassis is a good idea. Besides, I'm still curious if they even bothered to seal the back sides of those areas, I don't think they did.

·
Premium Member
3,855 Posts
OK, found pics, but thats kind of intense. And mine is a real BMW, I have a 3rd pedal ;)
Keep your 3rd pedal..I'll keep my iasca world championship and Meta finals championship

Also none of my installs would block or inhibit full clutch functionality or access if I had one

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Keep your 3rd pedal..I'll keep my iasca world championship and Meta finals championship

Also none of my installs would block or inhibit full clutch functionality or access if I had one
I understand. I use my dead pedal though, so something thats that big is out of the question anyways. FWIW, have you even looked at my pictures I linked a few posts above? I really don't want to debate here, I really would just like a few criticisms on how I could make the previous install better. I had a feeling I was wasting my time asking here, but...

·
Premium Member
3,855 Posts
I looked at the pics..and like everyone else I'm not sure what exactly you're looking for or to do..all of my kick installs allowed use of the dead pedal.
I've done 8 and 5 w horns..6.5and coincidental mids in kicks.dual 3 and 7s in kicks. Horns and a single 8....lots of variations in the same car

1 - 15 of 15 Posts