DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,
I am reading this forum for some time now,and you guys rock! all installs that you are doing are amazing. I will be trying to build some SQ system on my bmw and i thought i should register here to get some advices from you.

Ok the stuff that i will be using:
HU denon a100

amps
soundstream a50II (high+mid)
mosconi as2002 (door woofers)
audio system x-ion 160.4 (back woofers)

speakers
legatia l4 (mid)
planar ribbon tweeters 80w
audio system hx165 phase (door woofers)
vifa m22wr09-06 (rear fill+sub?)

i am thinking to run mids 500-5000hz, tweets 5000+, doors 100-500, rear fill not sure yet but maybe up to 500hz and sub up to 100. i will post some pics for you soon just to have an idea of what im talking about. until then if you have any thoughts of this let me know :) thnx and goodluck to you all

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hi, i haven`t tried ribbons yet,but everyone is saying only positive things so i have to try them. still waiting for capacitors and coils for my crossover.

here are some pics of the car

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i wanted to mount speakers like that. so that i would still have all the space in the trunk,but boot size was too big for those speakers, so i had to put them in a box. i wanted to keep "stock" look as much as possible.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
the whole thing was connected on a singe 4 channel amp audio system xion 160.4. but this time i want to run that amp on woofers only. i want to run doors on mosconi and i want to make pillars for mids and tweets and run them on soundstream

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I could not work much on my car so build is going very very slow.

Got 4 wires to each door

Here u can see some amps

New RCA`s

Tweets

Pillars will be finished with cream leather

I don`t think that this will be location of the amps, i`m not sure about that yet. And i have already made crossovers for mids and tweets but i will upload pics later,cause there are still some small things to do on them.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Man I always love the look of BMW's, I always wanted an 850i... Anyhow, pretty cool choice of equipment, make sure to keep us updated. :)

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
hi all, so crossovers are allmost done, i think i did too high points, i should have made up to 300 for bass, 300-3000 mid and 3000+for tweets, but at the moment it is up to 500 bass 500-5000mid and 5000+hz tweeters

so here is the plan

here is the result. this is my first crossover i have ever made,still missing connctors and maybe a glass on top,not sure yet.

i`ve got pillars finished i`ll upload some pics later.
and i think i`ll be working on amp rack today,cause my trunk is a mess now :)

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
hello all, havent posted here for a while my build is going very slowly, but it is almost done. replaced my HU from denon to panasonic (i think its a downgrade) . well here is a rough idea how my install looks

since i got panasonic i wanted to run front stage from HU so as you can see i run mids and tweets from radio and door woofers from mosconi as200.2 and boot woofers are on mosconi as100.4

at the moment i use 1st order passive crossovers
tweets 3000hz+
mids 350-3000hz
door woofer 350 down
boot woofers 80hz down

i am not happy with those morel speakers so i am thinking of going back to audio system hx speakers to the doors.

i will try to upload some pics of install this evening. still couldnt fit HU very well the bottom of the radio is touching all the heating stuff inside so cant put radio any deeper. you will see pics soon.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
got jensen paper in oil caps for ribbons

black gate caps for mids

here is a comparison between standard cap and paper in oil,they are HUGE!

here are some pics of morels that i dont like. id say they might be good at the back but in front they suk (or i suk installing them)

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

so front stage is finished at the moment.
still have to work on boot on covers and stuff.
also i am thinking to redo crossovers and run mids 500-3k hz. and to go from 1st order to 2nd or 3rd.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
back when i had denon in my car all people who used to drive in my car used to say "omg what a piece of crap radio is this?" but no one said like that on panasonic. and when i saw pics online of the panasonic it looked ok to me but not so nice, but when i received it i really liked the looks of that HU. so in real it looks much better than on pics.
also ordered a new tube today i might post a video soon.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Did yiu have the stock dsp prior to your install? I'm planning on starting my build on my 98 540 over the summer but my biggest concern its the dsp system. Did you also run new wires for the door speakers? How did you route it through? Thanks.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Did yiu have the stock dsp prior to your install? I'm planning on starting my build on my 98 540 over the summer but my biggest concern its the dsp system. Did you also run new wires for the door speakers? How did you route it through? Thanks.
hi, i am not sure what dsp is :) but when i first got the car it was all stock, stock head unit with cd changer and all regular crappy speakers.

In my car on right side there are two main red wires going to the battery and on left side there is a fan motor, so i could not run rca wires to the amps through any of the sides ( i had them running through left side at first but you could hear altenator sound when engine was on) so the best way is to run rca cables would be through the center of the car.
as for speaker cables i run them on both sides of the car from back amps to the front door to the speaker. i will post a pic of a wire while the door is open so you will have an idea, i have a pic on another pc so can`t post it at this moment.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts