Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,676 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Selling these for a friend.
According to him they are brand new in the box. Never seen power.

Infinity Kappa Perfect 12.1D
dual 4 ohm

Looking for $150 each

ANT

·
Registered
859 Posts
Not bad SQ subs. I would give them quite a bit of power though. My brother had the 10.1d and they were very clean sounding.

·
Registered
117 Posts
I had two powered by a arc 1000.2T they made my pant legs flop and my roof bend. and yet were so damn clean sounding, I ran them off of my planet audio tube with about 90rms each once when I sold the ark and they sounded great and got pretty loud, definitely sencitive subs.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I own a 12VQ... very cool design and they sound awsome. Dig deeper than many subs in this price range. I would love to try a 12.1. Wonder what the differnce would be, but as the previous poster stated.... price seems steep. Good luck!

·
Registered
1,908 Posts
I picked up a 12.1d for $75 shipped and it is basically brand new. Not taking a shot at the OP, if the owner has to have that out of them then, that's what he has to have.
I will say this, they are extremely nice and in my opinion, one of the best subs I have ever heard.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Ah, good old Kappa Perfects. A 10" version was the first real sub I ever heard in a car (not counting bazooka tubes and the like). A friend back in high school put together a pretty decent SQ system in his Camry, if you can believe it... he had one 10" Perfect on a 300W Infinity amp and it sounded soooo clean. Maybe even better than my Audiomobile. I'd love to hear them being fed some real power. Bump for a great driver.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I regretted switching from my 10" Kappa Perfects to 12" Polk Momo's.

If I could do it again I would have stayed with the kappa, they were almost as deep as the 12's, but clearly more accurate. And it took up less trunk space.

I don't think 150 is so bad for them, we all pretty much agree they are great subs no?

·
Registered
731 Posts
I used to have wet dreams of these, SERIOUSLY.

Great subs at a great price.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I use two of the 10" Kappa Perfect 10.1 in my 3 way active computer audio monitor speaker system, fed 650 RMS each, and they can reach about 120dB at the listening position in my 15' x 15' x 7.5' room with test signals. I'm sure they can reach much higher SPL in a car, of course. They are excellent SQ woofers; they remain transparent at high signal levels, which is why I used them in my near field monitors.

$150 does seem a bit high, though, like the previous poster pointed out concerning the price of new Perfects from Sonic Electronix.

-Chris

·
Registered
24 Posts
um yes guys but these subs are BNIB....

SO I mean if youd rather buy from SONIX just because you got so much money youd rather pay the higher price for the same thing go ahead......

but great subs
good luck on sale DIYMA

Later
Jeremy

·
Registered
5,816 Posts
Years ago I was running JBL's Power series subs (2) 12"ers. They were decent subs, or so I thought until I installed an Infinity Perfect 12 in my brothers car. Very good output, and VERY clean.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.