DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
18,681 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Rather than try to add the new Alpine tweeters to my previous F/S thread with the used tweeters, I've just decided to start a new one...

Product Brand & Model:
  1. BNIB Alpine SPX-F17 Tweeters (aka: Scanspeak d2904 made for Alpine)
    • Fs=750hz
    • Qts=
    • Sensitivity= 90.5dB @ 2.83v/1m
    • Depth= 35.7mm/1.405"
    • Cut-out diameter= 40.8mm / 1.606"
    • Outer Diameter= 50mm/1.97"

These alpine tweeters are very highly sought after because they are no longer made. They were part of the SPX-F17 component set and are made by Scanspeak. These are the famous Scanspeak d2904 tweeters, in a smaller housing, model # D2904/61001 (as seen in the picture below) made for Alpine by Scanspeak.

I used them in my previous install and loved them. They're little tanks. Great response as low as 2.5khz/24dB.
    They come with mounting cups and hardware.

I can pretty much guarantee you that you will not see this set come up for sale in BNIB condition. In the past 3 years of looking I never found any new sets for sale.

I've got an extra set w/o mounting hardware I'll sell if interested. I've also got a spare (3rd) lone tweeter I'd sell for $80 shipped if I sell all the sets.
    Plan to use the funds to buy a new measurement system.​

2. Vifa OT19NC00-04 3/4" Fabric Dome Tweeter
    These are essentially flangeless xt19 tweeters, it seems. Not much larger than a quarter.
    No real use for them, really. Zaph tested them and had good things to say. The size of these makes them perfect for a car install. Probably can cross down to about 4khz pretty safely but I don't know if I'd go much lower than that.​

Condition of all items:
  1. Alpine Tweeters: Brand new. Never seen power. Come with mounting cup and hardware.
  2. Vifa Tweeters: Brand new. Never seen power.

Total Price: :
  1. Alpine Tweeters, mounting cups, and hardware: $205 shipped OBO, CONUS, Paypal included. Consider the fact that the scan d2904 sell for this this in used condition.
  2. Vifa Tweeters: $30 shipped, CONUS, paypal included.

Shipping Terms: :
USPS.

Pictures:
Scan/Alpine:

Vifa tweeters:

** DO NOT DELETE ANYTHING BELOW THIS LINE OR THREAD WILL BE DELETED **
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please be advised, all buyers and sellers are responsible for performing their own due diligence when considering any financial engagement. We recomend that you:

1) Check the iTrader feedback of the person you are dealing with on this site, as well as other car audio forums.
2) Ask for a name address and phone number. Call them and verify their info.
3) Valid e-mail address. Correspond before committing.
4) consider using an escrow service to protect yourself.

DO NOT proceed with a deal until you are completely satisfied with the other party.

DIYMobileAudio & Collova Media Inc. is not responsible for the outcome of any transaction on this site and will not moderate on your behalf.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Rough dimensions on the Alpine's?

Any opinion at all with off axis response?

·
18,681 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If I can get a buyer within the next 2 hours for any of these items, they'll ship today. I've got to make a run to USPS and drop some other goods off in about 3 hours.

·
18,681 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Rough dimensions on the Alpine's?

Any opinion at all with off axis response?
dimensions for the tweeter are given in OP.
# Depth= 35.7mm/1.405"
# Cut-out diameter= 40.8mm / 1.606"
# Outer Diameter= 50mm/1.97"

Depth with mounting cup= 2".

Good off axis until about 10khz. Most tweeters of this size perform the same in this regard due to beaming. It's physics.

This is the response of the scan d2904/600001:

·
Registered
78 Posts
Sorry, I missed the dimensions in the OP.

50mm... they look smaller in the pics. I wish they were, but I'll give them a try.

PM or Post your PayPal address and I'll shoot over the $$

·
18,681 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Vifa ring radiators SOLD!

Alpine's pending.

If someone wants a set of the alpine's I might be willing to sell my backup pair and third (spare) if asked.

·
18,681 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Alpine set sold.

I have one more BNIB alpine (w/o mounting hardware) set I'd be willing to let go if someone is interested. I'll leave this thread up a bit longer just in case.

·
18,681 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Still have one set of BNIB alpine tweeters w/o mounting hardware and a 3rd spare tweeter left:
  • BNIB Set w/o hardware = $190 shipped OBO.
  • Spare tweeter = $80 shipped. *I'll only sell the spare if I find a buyer for the set above.
  • BNIB Set + Spare = $240 shipped.

there's a set of the scan versions w/o grilles on ebay (here) for $250 used. Mine are for the car, brand new, and cheaper. :)

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
How would you compare these to the Scan d3004/6020?

·
Registered
331 Posts
I just bought a set from the op and may would sale the hardware for the right price if anyone needs it for this last set. I doubt that I will need it but would be nice to have incase I resell these later on.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.