4K views 18 replies 7 participants last post by  azvrt 
#1 · (Edited)
Product Brand & Model:
Altec Lansing & Becker

Condition of all items:
BNIB

Total Price: :

Shipping Terms: :
Buyer pays for shipping. Ships from Europe.

Pictures: - Unless you are a Upgraded member, or your last 10 iTrader feedbacks are positive, you must post a picture of the exact item you are selling.

Additional info:
I got a new old stock of vintage Altec Lansing and Becker (Mercedes) car speakers.

Altec woven carbon-fibre:
ALS8 subs $250 for each pair
M400 mids $100 for each pair
ALS35 mids $100 for each pair
ALS46 two-ways for each pair

Altec Lansing polypropylene/injected carbon:
M65 mids $85 for each pair

Need to check what exactly I have got in Becker. Many, many speakers though. Mostly 4 inch.

Pic:

** DO NOT DELETE ANYTHING BELOW THIS LINE OR THREAD WILL BE DELETED **
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please be advised, all buyers and sellers are responsible for performing their own due diligence when considering any financial engagement. We recomend that you:

1) Check the iTrader feedback of the person you are dealing with on this site, as well as other car audio forums.
2) Ask for a name address and phone number. Call them and verify their info.
3) Valid e-mail address. Correspond before committing.
4) consider using an escrow service to protect yourself.

DO NOT proceed with a deal until you are completely satisfied with the other party.

DIYMobileAudio & Collova Media Inc. is not responsible for the outcome of any transaction on this site and will not moderate on your behalf.

See less See more
#4 ·
Yes I need to unbox the stuff, just bought it.
I also need to check the foam surrounds, sometimes they need to be replaced after all these years, even when BNIB. In that case I'd have to deal with Simplyspeakers like I've done in the past. They sell quality surrounds, it just takes me quite some time to do one speaker. But wouldn't want anyone who would be buying some of these to be in for a bad surprise when unboxing the speakers. I personally believe new old stock (such as amplifiers) must be checked before selling.

Will get back to you on those 8 inch subs (which should be used as bass-speakers as they sound great but in my opinion don't drop deep enough for sub-duty).
And I will post some pics.

#5 · (Edited)
All right, we unboxed and checked the 8 pairs of ALS46.
I visually checked the surrounds and also very gently rubbed them.
They seem to be fine.

That said, I would advise against rubbing them hard, as these surrounds generally are quite delicate. I had to replace them on my own Altec speakers (which I purchased in used condition), and in time these will need to be replaced as well.

If treated well, the current surrounds might last for years. Once replaced, they will last for a decade or two unless mistreated. Simplyspeakers sells quality replacement kits, I've always been satisfied with them.

One surround was pierced by a speaker connector wire which had gone the wrong way inside the box. Unfortunate freak accident. Will buy and replace the surround and keep that pair for myself. So seven pairs are for sale.

I am doing the best I can to make sure people don't get disappointed. I could simply sell them BNIB while not checking them, but if there's a problem before shipping I'd rather make it my problem than someone else's. But keep in mind I am a private seller, not a store, and cannot offer warranty nor accept refunds.

Now on to check the ALS8. The first pair seems to be great with sturdy surrounds. Besides gently rubbing them, I dared pressing them down a bit and they passed. Unless mistreated, these should last for quite some time.

Here are some pics of the ALS46 and ALS8. We're having bad weather over here so the lighting is not very good for pics, but one can get a pretty good idea anyway.

Of the 4 pairs of ALS8 one pair just sold, 3 pairs left. I am not keeping any for myself as I already own 2 pairs, in used condition, but good enough for me.

Of the 4 pairs of M400 one pair just sold.
There was also a fifth pair of these, but in used condition, this will end up in my car but I might want to keep a BNIB pair as spare, not sure yet. So 2 or 3 pairs left.

The ALS46 consist of a mid and a tweeter and adjustable passive crossover.
The slopes for the mid and the high can be selected through some switches.

Oh, by the way, I have several Soundstream amplifiers for sale, most in mint condition. I can of course combine shipping with the speakers. I can't let these go cheap though as they are in superb condition. They're worth a lot over here in Europe, as they are much harder to find here. You can probably find them for a better price in the USA, especially since you won't be bothered with high shipping costs if you live in the States.

Ref 200 x2
Ref 200s
Ref 405s
Ref 500sx
Ref 644s
Rubicon Class A Renoir x2

#6 ·
Apparently, besides the three pairs of M65 6.5 inch polypropylene/injected carbon speakers, I also appear to have two pairs of M41 4 inch speakers of the same material.
$85 for each pair of M65. $70 for each pair of M41.
I think I also have an used pair of M65 in my own private collection, $45.

#8 ·
Another pair of ALS8 subs sold, so 2 pairs left.

I just tested some speakers, the Altecs are great as always.
The Beckers, however, are good considering they are stock speakers for old cars, but they are not in the same league as most car audio fanatics are used to. They are not suited for our crazy needs :)

I will sell them to classic Mercedes owners, where these speakers belong.

#10 ·
Out of the manual:

Frequency Response : 45 Hz - 3 kHz (+- 3 dB)
Power Capacity : 75 W NOM - 150 W - MAX (EIA Standard RS426A)
Sensitivity : 90 dB SPL, 1 W @ 1 M (3.3 FT)
Impedance (NOMINAL) : 4 ohms
Tot. Harmonic dist. : 60 Hz - 3 kHZ 1%
Magnetic Weight : 15.7 oz.
Mounting Cut-out : Template Enclosed
Mounting Depth : 3 5/8" (93 mm)

That's it.

#12 · (Edited)
I replaced my JBL 600GTI's, which are great speakers, with these ALS8 and the sound is much more pleasant. Of course you won't be winning any SPL competitions with these but they get the job done and sound great while doing so.

Nearly impossible to find. Very, very rare.

#15 ·
I am turning my Dynaudio MD100 and MW160 into a three-way with the M400, I love them.
Of course, there's also a pair of ALS8 in my car :)

I am going to box up your items and ship them within the next few hours.
Might take a while before they arrive, though. Customs take their time, nowadays.

#16 ·
I must add that these won't be for sale here forever.
The plan is to ship them to an acquiantance of mine in the USA and to end up for sale on Ebay USA. The prices will be higher there since it has to be worth his while (my acquiantance) for selling these for me. Shipping to the States will then be less, of course.

I understand that the shipping costs from Europe to USA might disencourage people to buy them at this moment, which is very understandable, especially for one item only.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.