DIYMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

BNIB DIamond Audio Hex.Net S650.25 3-way and [used] Monitor 1 Mk 2.120

4K views 24 replies 6 participants last post by  zorronj 
#1 ·
I really hate to part with this stuff, but it's just sitting in my closet next to the network router, when it could be better served by becoming a media server...

(Pictures will be up by the weekend, if all goes well)

[1] Diamond Audio S.650.25 Three-way component set
Need to verify the model number when I get home, but this is the old-school, Eton built goodness. It consists of a 6.5", 4" and 1" silk tweeter along with a nice passive crossover. I bought one set and had it installed, loved it so much I purchased this set "just to have" back in my freewheeling younger days. Never installed or seen power outside of the factory. In my opinion, much better than what Diamond Audio sells today.

I can say in all my time combing the internet and eBay, I've never seen another set of these New in Box!

Asking $700 plus $50 for shipping/insurance; if shipping costs less, I'll reduce price accordingly. This is less than original retail, and I've seen used sets sell for $500+

[2] Monitor 1 Mk2.120 2-channel amplifier
I purchased this online and installed it for a few months pushing MB Quart components before un-installing to sell. Rated power is 2 channels at 120 watts at 4 ohm. I don't know what they are rated for below 4 ohm, but I don't think it is recommended to run them at that lower impedence.

These were built by ARPA of America (Zapco/ARC line), no crossover, just pure power blocks.

Asking $125 plus $30 shipping/insurance; if shipping costs less, I will reduce price accordingly.

Also...

[3] Diamond Audio MacDaddy 10.8 10" Subwoofer

Purchased used online, also just sitting there. It's an 8 ohm sub and tailored towards SQ in a sealed box. I didn't install it, but was told that it works.

Asking $100, $35 for shipping/insurance, will reduce price if it ends up costing less.

I'm also selling on other forums and locally.

As interest may be tempered without pictures, I'll probably not expect any heated offers until the pictures get up, but I'm not in a huge rush to sell, but will for the right price.

See less See more
#3 ·
Thanks man! All PMs answered. Thanks so much for everyone's interest.

To post the basic answers to the PMs I've received:

If I can get some time this weekend, I'll take pictures (depends on the wife and kids).

[1] The components are truly mint - I've only taken them out a couple of times to ogle them. I really shouldn't have sold my other set with the car. :(

[2] The amp is a solid 7/8 appearance wise, and was still running great when uninstalled. For those of you who know, the amp has a removable bottom place (which I did) and a plexi cover that shows off the guts. Really clean board (I'll post pictures of this, too).

[3] The sub I haven't tested, is pretty dusty, but does have the original box. I was told it works, and it's a nice SQ oriented piece. Plus, can't go wrong with a "MacDaddy." hahaha

Generally, yes, I will re-estimate shipping costs upon request. I gave a high estimate for folks who live in remote parts of the country. Also, I will only ship to the US, sorry international folks.

#24 ·
I think I've replied to all PMs.

Will ship out the sub tomorrow -- just need to get some sleep first.

The components are like BNIB, never installed, only taken out of the box and wrapper a few times to gawk at. They are very similar to Eton speakers (in fact, they were the manufacturer for Diamond back then). Will try to get pictures up soon, need to go home and get some rest.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.