DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
1 - 20 of 102 Posts

·
Registered
1997 Honda Accord Wagon
1,438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok
I am not a HAT dealer (Yet) On Tuesday I got a Chance to hear Bob Morrows 2003 Toyota Tacoma
He Pulled out his Morel Setup & Installed The HAT Gear.
Speakers - L4 In the Kicks - CL2 5.25 Doors (2) Ultra 6" sub
Amps- Genisis Prophile sub 274 x 2 & Prophile 4 50x4
EQ- Arc Audio DXE System (Almost Flat)
Source- Denon Z-1

The First Impression
The Song- "The Best Is Yet To Come"
Artist & Album- Mike Buble' Irispnceable

Right off the Bat A "Finger Snap" a rumble Im blown away alreay we are like 6seconds into the track
Bob's stage is around Mid Hood Maybe just shy of it..
the Width is beyond the Mirrors
Dynamics Like a Euro car (You Know What I'm talking about)

We tossed in some Stevie Ray (My Choice)
You could hear the fingers coming off the bass strings each note was detailed
no insterment was lost you could focus on each insterment!!
The Attack & decay was perfect! This Setup That Bob Designed was Great to say the least
It was an emotanal experiance you could not help but smile & tap your foot

On One of the Drum Solo's he played you could hear the snare Shimmer from the Low Bass
The Snap of the snare Drum was so life like .. I was likewow its been some time since Iv heard Music..lol

So What was my First Impression?
One Of the best systems Iv ever heard.
Unreal- No Very Real Crazy Real..
Um did you notice he dose not run tweeters? I did'nt
That L4 is one of the smoothest speakers It plays to 17k!
you would never guess this system did'nt have a tweeter

Anyone else had seat time In Bob's truck?

·
Registered
307 Posts
Troy,
We, the Hybrid Audio Technologies family can't wait to have you guys on board with us!!
Long time since the SD chatroom days huh?

·
Registered
5,816 Posts
They can be used as full range driver, yep. 17K might be pushing it though.

·
Registered
1997 Honda Accord Wagon
1,438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
They can be used as full range driver, yep. 17K might be pushing it though.
This system is on my VERY SHORT list of the best setups Iv heard..
Its on the Top of that list...
No way you could tell it did not have a tweeter..
That L4 is a Full range. No Question.

·
Registered
1997 Honda Accord Wagon
1,438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Troy,
We, the Hybrid Audio Technologies family can't wait to have you guys on board with us!!
Long time since the SD chatroom days huh?
I can't Wait Dave, Im ready for this install too.
Long time since SD Chat & a Ton of knolage later Here we are...
Im headed out to a movie with the wife Call you in the n00n if thats good for you...

·
Registered
539 Posts
Pics?

·
Premium Member
2,676 Posts
Bob is my SW sales rep.
I will have to have him bring the Taco in for me to check out if he is able to.
Sounds impressive

ANT

·
Registered
2,438 Posts
I like hearing about full range speakers being used instead of tweeters. I think that might be the next thing i try out in my own car. It's just so damn appealing! One speaker to take care of the top down to about 200hz and then a midbass to pick up the slack from there. I have yet to hear any L4's but now I'm more than curious!

·
Registered
12,569 Posts
We tossed in some Stevie Ray (My Choice)
You could hear the fingers coming off the bass strings each note was detailed
no instrument was lost you could focus on each instrument!!
organology is the study of things used to make sound [ music ] :D

sorry for the anal word thing :blush:

·
Premium Member
64 Posts
ANT, when would be a good time for you to listen to my truck? I need some of the new samples anyway. Call me if you have time. Captain obvious, I thought the same thing 'til I tried these L4s They render the high frequencies better than any tweeter I've ever had in my vehicle and that includes Morel, a/d/s/, KEF, and a few others.

·
Registered
3,436 Posts
Bob, nice to hear you are having great results with the L4. I believe you heard my truck at CES and it possibly made you a believer :)

Pics mang!! Pics!!

·
Registered
1997 Honda Accord Wagon
1,438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Bob, nice to hear you are having great results with the L4. I believe you heard my truck at CES and it possibly made you a believer :)

Pics mang!! Pics!!
I did not know that was your truck!
link to the biuld of it?
Dave wanted me to look at it..

·
Premium Member
64 Posts
BigRed - I'll try to post some pics in the near future. I photographed it 4 years ago when I originally installed the system and visually, nothing has changed but the sound sure has. The system consists of a Denon Z1 headunit feeding an ARC Audio DXE. Output of the DXE goes to a Genesis Profile Sub amp feeding 2 Ultra 6.5" subs at 275 watts each, lowpassed at 67Hz on a 24dB slope in a 22 liter sealed enclosure with the subs corner loaded. The Midbass and high frequencies are supplied by a Genesis Profile 4 amp at 50watts per channel. Midbass drivers are the CL5-2 woofers on a bandpass from 67Hz to 174Hz at 12dB on each end and the L4s playing the highs come in at 174Hz on a 24dB slope. There's also an iPod in the aux. input to the DXE. There's virtually no EQ employed in the system. You won't be able to see most of this in pictures. There you have it, pure and simple.

·
Registered
3,436 Posts
I'm in between diaper changes :)

·
Premium Member
2,676 Posts
ANT, when would be a good time for you to listen to my truck? I need some of the new samples anyway. Call me if you have time. Captain obvious, I thought the same thing 'til I tried these L4s They render the high frequencies better than any tweeter I've ever had in my vehicle and that includes Morel, a/d/s/, KEF, and a few others.

Hey Bob
I will be in tomorrow if you are around.
Maybe we can hatch out the details of our previous conversation and I can get you some samples at the same time.
I'd love to hear it.

ANT

·
Premium Member
2,676 Posts
BigRed - I'll try to post some pics in the near future. I photographed it 4 years ago when I originally installed the system and visually, nothing has changed but the sound sure has. The system consists of a Denon Z1 headunit feeding an ARC Audio DXE. Output of the DXE goes to a Genesis Profile Sub amp feeding 2 Ultra 6.5" subs at 275 watts each, lowpassed at 67Hz on a 24dB slope in a 22 liter sealed enclosure with the subs corner loaded. The Midbass and high frequencies are supplied by a Genesis Profile 4 amp at 50watts per channel. Midbass drivers are the CL5-2 woofers on a bandpass from 67Hz to 174Hz at 12dB on each end and the L4s playing the highs come in at 174Hz on a 24dB slope. There's also an iPod in the aux. input to the DXE. There's virtually no EQ employed in the system. You won't be able to see most of this in pictures. There you have it, pure and simple.

Glad to see that you are supporting one of the DIYMA vendors Bob.
How do you like the Ultra subs component drivers?

Anything you could compare them to?

ANT

·
Registered
844 Posts
I've been ignoring this thread because I didn't know who Bob Morrow is or give a rip about his Taco.

But about two hours ago I was sitting in his truck listening to his setup, and frankly I'm on the HAT bandwagon. Those L4's are unbelievable! I would have never guessed there wasn't a tweeter in his system. His entire setup was pretty incredible actually. I'm even looking at some of the Arc and Genesis stuff now too.

He checked out my system and gave me some recommends. I gotta check fits but I'm either going with the L6's/L1V2's or the Clarus 6.5's. Thanks Bob!

Once HAT gets more of an install base in this area and people get a chance to hear them, I think these things are going to take off.

1 - 20 of 102 Posts