DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Im installing an eclipse nav unit in a 05 vette using a gmos04. Im still using the bose speakers and amp. I have everything hooked up and it mostly all works, but the only time I get any sound is with the car in acc. And the door open, the sound kicks in with the door chime. I had to use a relay in the gmos harness on the remote amp wire. What can be causing this. Btw I didn't conect the remote wire on the deck to the remote wire of the gmos harness

·
Registered
152 Posts
Sounds like your switching input to the relay has a wire that is hot only with the door open / chime circuit. For testing, try closing the relay using a 9v battery or a jumper to your car battery or some other always hot wire.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Aye, sounds like a wiring issue in the door chime retainer unit. I would double check the wiring diagram and make sure you don't have a crossed circuit somewhere. I have also had bad luck with these units being faulty from the factory.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I hooked the remote wire from the deck to the remote amp on the module, like you would a normal aftermarket amp and it works. If I could have done that to begin with, what's the relay for

·
Registered
120 Posts
you need to add the relay you may have trouble later on down the line. its a known issue with gmos04 sometimes it will work fine for days or months then you will start having issues

1 - 5 of 5 Posts