DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently inherited a 2003 Tahoe LS with a Bose system in it and want to put my avh-p4200dvd in it. I went from a Ford Ranger (reg cab) with that HU, MTX 421D and 2 Infinity 1040w's. I'm gonna ditch that low end and get something nice because space isn't an issue anymore. I've done TONs of looking around on here and read there are 2 Bose systems, standard and premium. How do I know which one I have without tearing the dash apart?

The HU isn't nav, nor does it have SAT radio. I don't have onstar either, so that makes it a bit easier. I THINK I need the PAC gm24 module to keep the databus intact and to reuse the bose amp for the time being. Thanks for any help on this! I can't wait to get back in the mobile audio game!!!:D

·
Registered
1,741 Posts
Both are junk ditch it all and get nice set of compones for your front stage some coaxes for rear fill since its a very large suv.For your sub stage i say 4 12s and 3000 watts will blow you away:laugh:

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I know this is crossing forum lines but I never thought about 4 12s.

Is the adapter good to get though??

And let's say....1500-2000 budget. What's good??

Maybe my OQ was misunderstood. Isn't there 2 types of Bose systems?? Reg and premium??

·
Registered
1,741 Posts
Bose has what it calls a premium set up but its just as bad as the rest. If you want real quality sound throw it all away start over.

·
Registered
2,442 Posts
Both are junk ditch it all and get nice set of compones for your front stage some coaxes for rear fill since its a very large suv.For your sub stage i say 4 12s and 3000 watts will blow you away:laugh:
Dude, read the question, he wants to know what type of system he might have not your opinion on what gear to run...:bash::smash::rifle:

·
Registered
948 Posts

·
Registered
2,442 Posts
Here is a quote from Scosche

How to Test for "Premium Bose" systems:
There are 2 types of Bose systems available in some models of vehicles listed above.
Turn factory radio volume up and down rapidly. If the sound system reacts immediately
then the system is a standard BOSE, not a Premium BOSE. If the sound system volume
does not react immediately, but has a noticeable delay, the system is a Premium BOSE
and not compatible with the GM09SR. If "Premium" Bose Amplifier is not used or is
bypassed, then the GM09SR can be used to retain warning chimes only. Alternate parts
are available to INTEGRATE “Premium Bose” and OnStar system

·
Registered
510 Posts
Here is a quote from Scosche

How to Test for "Premium Bose" systems:
There are 2 types of Bose systems available in some models of vehicles listed above.
Turn factory radio volume up and down rapidly. If the sound system reacts immediately
then the system is a standard BOSE, not a Premium BOSE. If the sound system volume
does not react immediately, but has a noticeable delay, the system is a Premium BOSE
and not compatible with the GM09SR. If "Premium" Bose Amplifier is not used or is
bypassed, then the GM09SR can be used to retain warning chimes only. Alternate parts
are available to INTEGRATE “Premium Bose” and OnStar system
aww man, that means i threw out the premium bose system that was in my car to begin with.

i could've sold it to some dumbass looking for a "quality system."

1 - 18 of 18 Posts