DIYMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

BOSS AUDIO opinions

3K views 15 replies 6 participants last post by  SQfreak 
#1 ·
sorry for the double post how do I delete it?

#7 ·
Well, giving the guy examples would be a good idea instead of just smacking him around. Like, list the price of the linked amp, then link another amp of the same price that is better in your opinion. That is a proper response.

#8 ·
Boss had some ringers, the CLR90 5ch comes to mind, it was build by Zed Audio (a VERY well respected builder of amps for many companies).. other than that, the 2000W rating on that particular amp is likely a joke... Or they are "lightening watts" which means it will only do rated power when struck by lightening... (not trying to be a jerk here at all)

Rule of thumb, lower end (IE cheaper) amp companies and even lower end models of some respected companies, tend to OVER-rate the amps, bloating figures (sucker bait as such a price point)

As you move up the food chain, the amps tend to become UNDER-rated... so the listed rating are lower than the actual...

Case in point, my Rockford Fosgate 25TL Power 1000 5ch.... rated by RF at 50x4 and 300x1... They test each amp after production and provide a "birthsheet"

Yeah, it birthed at 111x4@4ohm and 698x1@2ohm on the sub channel

Not calling you a sucker, from earlier, just pointing out that a 200$ (or even a 314$ one) amp won't usually make 2000w, unless struck by lightening.... In fact, If we knew the fuse rating, I could easily tell you the MAX possible output using Ohms Laws..

Here... Take this brother, may it serve you well...

It's so simple if you have 2 of the factors... Just looked at the amps specs and that amp carries a 80a fuse.. You have a 12v system..

Using EI=W ... "E" being Volts, if you look at the center, "I" being current or the 80a fuse

12x80=960

Now consider that amps are not 100% efficient more like 40-60% and you see where this is headed..

As long as you can do 12xWhatever you can check any amp..

Cheers

#11 ·
well, thank you... and yeah, that gives one some options...

It's true though, the question was for opinion not options... my bad..lol.. I just hope my post stops the next post of "Well, how about this Audiobahn" ya know..

Yeah, Boss pretty much sucks..

#13 ·
I totally want a Zed-made Boss, just so that I can say I run Boss amps in my ride. I'd probably have to start competing.
I'm still looking for a CLR90 for my GF's car.. perfect match to what I want to do.. cheap, but Zed built..

#15 ·
I run Zed-made Alphasonik and USAcoustics amps in my car :)

I certainly don't compete though. My car is just for my musical enjoyment. Not good enough for competition.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.