DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was thinking about purchasing this sub for sq. Looking for opinions from others that have used and/or heard this sub. I want two 12 inch subs that can keep up with the music that I listen to: house, techno, dnb, some rap and sound good. I am not looking for boomy one note subs. Each sub will go in a fiberglass enclosure that is .95cf. Opinions wanted. Are these good sounding subs? First post here. :)

Eclipse cd8052 - headunit
Jbl c608gti - front componets
jbl t595limited - 6x9 for rear deck
phoenix gold titanium ti500.4 - 4 channel amp
jbl 1200.1 - sub amp
sub ????

·
Registered
200 Posts
I think you will find alot of people would prefer some lesser known brand sub for less money than what the BA sub will provide. However it is a nice sub, replaceable voicecoil and entire cone area, spider etc... if you blow it...

I think you ought to check out the Peerless XXLS 12" and The Parts Express 12" HO sub, those would be two I would consider first, although they're off the cuff subs, and I hadn't taken into consideration your volume.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply. I am not into spl. I will check out the subs you recommended. Any other comments on the G5?

·
Registered
70 Posts
I have been running one SVC version for the last few months. IMHO, it is one of the better sub. Comparable to the IDMax, but does not require the power that IDMax need. It can go loud and low, and it is very accurate. I am feeding mine about 500 plus watts.
One thing thou, the box size recommended of 1cuft are not enough. I make a box of 1cuft plus a lot of polyfill. My guess is that a 1.3cuft box will be perfect. I do not know what is the pricing like in the state. But here in Asia, it cost about the same as an IDMax.
One other sub that you might want to consider is the JBL Gti. One of my friends has a pair running IB. Love it.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
I already have the box (.95 CF) but I guess I would stuff it with polyfill to make the box seem bigger. About 1 pound would be ok?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
1.5 lbs...great I will get the subs in about a week and post a review. Any more comments?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts