DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have 2 Boston g2 15" subs. when i had both in the prefab sealed box I never had any issues. i have since built a ported box, only for 1 sub so far. It ended up being a little big at 5 cubic feet. I have reduced it inside to around 4.5 cubic feet, tuned at 28 hz with 2 3" ports. sub is facing up, ports out the back. I have been having trouble blowing the fuses. I am running 1 at 4 ohms now, jbl gto5ez rated at 300 rms at 4 ohms. I listened to a couple "Live" songs. First song, lightning crashes. sounded good. putting out strong bass. next I played "I walk the line". bass was very weak, and it blows the fuses everytime I play the song. I don't know if it's at a low Hz that my subs are weak at playing on that song. maybe need a subsonic filter? to much power from the amp? pushing 1 sub to hard because I was running 2 before. I've never had a sub with a fuse. anyone familiar with these subs?

·
Registered
2,249 Posts
You are clipping.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.