DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, this is my first post and I was hoping someone could help me in deciding between 2 subs. I currently have an alpine mrp m500 amp. I was looking at a Boston acoustics G5 (which is discontinued but I have found on for sale for $230) or a JL W3 12" or 10" 2 ohm sub (Which I can get for about they same price. I have seen them on ebay for $170 shipped). I am more into SQ but I do want a good amount of power. I am not really open to any other subs because I am just trying to decide between these two. Thanks for any help.:burnout:

·
Registered
3,154 Posts
Its not even close...... The G5 will eat the snot out of the JL subs you listed! The G5 is one of the best and unfortunately for Boston, one of the most over looked all around amazing subs! Are you looking for a single 4ohm or D4? I have a D4 I might be willing to sell for less then your option;) Regardless....The G5...Its not even a remotely close comparison!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks, my heart was set on the g5 anyway. The one I am looking at is the g510-44 (dual 4 ohm). I might just be interested if you have one for sale.

·
Registered
3,154 Posts
I have a d4 as well but one of the coils is "funny" I have been to lazy to go to the local shop to see if they have any VC replacements hanging around. They were/are a HUGE BA dealer and just may have some of the replacements around. I know crutchfield has them for $90 something I think? If you wanted to buy the replacement coil/cone I might be able to make a deal on my D4 as is.....

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I think they are more like $120, but anyway I don't really want to have to deal with replacement sorry. I am also in somewhat of a hurry to get my system together.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts