DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Currently own a set of Boston Acoustics Pro Series 6.5s. I've had these components for a while and have always had them running amp'd and full active through my Alpine CDA-9835.

My current x-over for the mid bass is 80hz @ 12db up to 1.2khz at 12db. My tweeters are running at 1.8khz @ 18db up to 20khz.

I've been trying to find information on what the drivers frequency ranges are so I can properly set my x-over then adjust my stage.

Any ideas? Or members who've had these or currently have them, if you can please chime in and give me an idea so I can further tune my system, that would be awesome!

Thanks!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Still no responses after a week? :(

·
Registered
941 Posts
I need the same info. I have all 3 series(6.2,6.4 &6.5) and can't seem to find the crossover frequency anywhere I plan to run one of them active. Seems that Boston kept this info pretty hush hush! Does anyone have some advise? THere used to be a member on here that worked for Boston, but I have not seen any posts from him in a while!

·
Registered
238 Posts
Have you guys tried calling BA and asking?

(201) 762-2100

Woofer bottom end to 50 Hz (5.25's to 60 Hz) +/- 3dB per the specs in the owners manual. I know what you really seek is the mid to tweet crossover point and slope...you can also pop the covers on your crossovers and reverse-engineer the caps and coils...they are labeled, and figure out what frequency range and slope they are designed for...but I would call BA and see if they will share.

8 KHz is my best guess.

·
Registered
941 Posts
I personally have not called Boston. But I have read in other threads that others have tried with no luck.

·
Registered
941 Posts
For what its worth I was just looking through my Boston Pro 6.2 Owners manual. Crossover frequency is listed as 3000 Hz. I know the 6.2 and 6.4 shared a similar(or same) woofer.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts