DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys, i just recently picked up a set of boston acoustic Z6 components, and planning on adding some boston type m imaging tweets, but but not sure how to wire them in with the Z6's, can anyone explain

thanks
pete

·
Registered
1,741 Posts
If you meen to wire them in with the 2 way cross over you cant, well you can but it would change the cross over points and is just generally not a good idea.
Why do want to use them anyway?

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The type m imaging tweeters have there own crossovers, I was just wondering how I should wire them to the amp, to there own channels or parallel with the components, they came as a package deal with the z6's

·
Registered
1,741 Posts
If you can give them their own channels. That way you can set the levels to make them blens better with everything else.

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
If it's anything like the Center Stage system I have listed in my signature you can just wire them in parallel with the existing crossovers. If the instructions aren't specific I would lay the input wires to the imaging tweeter crossovers right on top of the amp input terminals on the main crossovers. This wires them in parallel. The additional load on the amp will be minimal. The problem now is limited adjustment of levels, which will depend any adjustment available on the imaging tweeter crossovers. Wait and see how you like them before deciding if they're too loud.

·
Registered
3,154 Posts
OH MY F'ing god!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Did you bother to read the manual for the m imaging system?????? EITHER OF YOU???????
Go to BA . com and look it up....Its pretty frigging straight forward! Does anyone research anthing anymore??????????

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Because the instructions only show one way, I wanted to see if this is the best way or if anyone with experience with them has any other suggestions, no need to get upset man

Thanks fort the help trumpet

·
Registered
3,154 Posts
Because the instructions only show one way, I wanted to see if this is the best way or if anyone with experience with them has any other suggestions, no need to get upset man

Thanks fort the help trumpet
So do you think BA gave you a half assed way to do it???? THEY ARE DESIGNED A SPECIFIC WAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BY BA!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am not upset...I just cant stand the lack of research on here by some! Did you even try it as they "recommend"? If you have a couple free channels then you can do it that way too? Not rocket science here.....

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I did research man , boston only shows one way to wire them, but like you and others have said, they can also be wired to own channels smart a$$, this Is exactly why i posted this thread, to get the opinions of the guys who have had experience with them

Thanks again to everyone who has helped explain

1 - 11 of 11 Posts