DIYMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

Bought a motorcycle today

3K views 18 replies 10 participants last post by  Megalomaniac 
#1 ·

It's a new 2007 Honda Shadow 750.

We had been going back and forth about getting a new bike ever since our ****ty Buell got stolen 3 years ago. Finally we decided to just get one, and she has always wanted a Shadow, the price was right, so we got it!

We will be picking it up tomorrow night.

See less See more
#7 ·
DAMN! Nice price for such a beauty!

Oh yeah, that price you paid? There was a 45% tarriff on Japanese motorcycles back in the 80's!
And for a long time there was a cap on how large they could be because Honda put a lil dent in Harley's pocket with a certain model, and I'll be damned if I can't remember which one, and I feel bad because my brother in law collects them :( Kickass old skool bikes though, helluva transmision, has a low and high range.

#4 ·
I would love to ride again, but the drivers around here scare me when I'm in my F-150 SuperCrew!

I had a Honda 750 Interceptor twenty years ago when I lived in L.A. I swear, the drivers in California aren't as crazy. You know, I was looking at the Shadow when I bought mine back then.

Be safe.

Oh, just today a guy pulls up beside me on a bike. He's wearing nothing but a t-shirt on his upper body - well, that and a baseball cap, backwards of course. No gloves, no helmet, not even sunglasses for eye protection. But the cigarrette dangling from his lips sure made him look cool! I saw some serious road-rash in his future! We have several riders killed here every year.

I hope your smarter than this guy.

#5 ·
Oh yeah, that price you paid? There was a 45% tarriff on Japanese motorcycles back in the 80's! I paid about $400 less (real dollars) for my ride than you just did!

Congratulations, and again be safe!

#6 ·
Thanks for your concern.

Regarding your story, I would bet $1,000 that kid didn't even have a license. I work for a PD and used to be a firefighter so I am well aware of what happens when you fall off a bike. Actually my good friend and FD Lieutenant was killed on his bike by being run off the road.

It was a tough decision, and we understand what can happen. We are going to gear up and drive as safe as possible. No risk can be eliminated though.

Advice to anyone with a bike - leave it home Friday and Saturday nights. 1/3 cars has a person behind the wheel who is drunk.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.