DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive met with a local installer to discuss my build desires and he started talking about "loading" the box. I asked him about different ports...aero,slot,etc and he seemed to like the PNR style the best.

Can anyone tell me what he meant by loading the box?

This system is for an 05 RamQC and will utilize a center console box, yet retain its capability of being a seat and retain the arm rest as well.

i have looked into many different subs from 8-12" and considered everything from sealed to slot port to even thinking about a tline.

Educate me folks

·
Registered
1,741 Posts
Well theres two types of "loading" that i have used and done research on.
Those being corner and boundry. Corner loading is when you position the enclosure in a corner two acheive a result.
The next is boundry laoding when you put enclosure close to a wall. Both acheive different but somewhat alike results.

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
Boundry loading can also include firing into the floor, which is what I suspect he is referring to in a console install.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Boundry loading can also include firing into the floor, which is what I suspect he is referring to in a console install.
So does the "loading" impact the way the subs sound? Is it a preferred method for building an enclosure/center console? What are the pros and cons of this type of enclosure?

·
Registered
12,054 Posts
absolutely! ever taken a cheap low powered sub at your house and then put it in the corner of the room. alot more bass huh? that corner loading effect is very real.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts