DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got off of the phone with PE. They gave me the following spec'ed requirements, although they sound a bit shy to me for a 12 sub, well at least the sealed requirements do...

Sealed: 0.25-0.5 cu feet
Ported: 1.2 cu feet ported to 25 hz (2"x10.5" port).

What do you guys think? I need a smaller box, so the HF is out of the question for me as the HO better fits my space requirments...thanks in advance.

·
Registered
2,410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah I plan on first doing the sealed box and really adding polyfill. The ported box is a secondary plan...only if I need more output/lower freq extension.

·
Registered
578 Posts
I seen that they got a good home design with the .65 box. That would actually be what I would try 1st since the extra bit of space will likely help your low end extention...

Is this going in a hatchback or SUV... cause the HF Free Air would be what I'd recommend in a trunk.

·
Registered
2,410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
racerraul said:
Is this going in a hatchback or SUV... cause the HF Free Air would be what I'd recommend in a trunk.
I can model it after my current box, 0.6 cu feet. If it doesnt work out well, then I can just add a few strips of MDF inside to cut down the internal volume. But the nice thing about sealed boxes is you can be 10% off on the size without negative issues...

2000 Chevy Silverado extended cab, under my rear seat...either up or down firing...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts