DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have two 12's in a weird shaped box that i designed, it is 3/4" mdf about 37"long, 16" tall and 14" deep with 2 sloped walls and filled with the polyfill, somewhat like this /__\ with a sub on each slope faceing out, i was wondering what oppinions anyone has on this particular box, i have looked for simular box designs online but have not found anything, i seem to think it bumps pretty good and so do people who have rode in my taurus stationwagon

·
Registered
27 Posts
Generally, the best approach is to have multiple woofers close to each other and mounted to the same plane or surface. You have avoided one potential pitfall of having woofers back to back and the cancellation that can be caused by using the angled walls.

You have not taken advantage of coupling the woofers (that you get when they are side by side), but you haven't created as much cancellation either (as would have been the case if they were mounted on parallel walls).

Sometimes no amount of pre-planning can predict the outcome of a sub box. If you are happy with it, then you have done well.

·
Registered
4,061 Posts
I would consider making a new box with both subs on the same face like others have said. You will probably get a better result.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
well my original design was faulty so on the fly (and also with limited wood left) i came up with this plan only my first self built box, i am a carpenter by trade so after researching designs i might go with the triple chamber single reflex bandpass. what type box does anyone reading this prefer?

·
Registered
67 Posts
Coming from someone that has built a ported box it is very hard to build subwoofer boxes with exact volumes, the slightest bit to short or long can change volume which in turn changes tuning and performance.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts