DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

581 - 600 of 726 Posts

·
Registered
950 Posts
Discussion Starter #583
Half assed better look at them..

Got the tweeters installed...

I'll get the door panels back in a day or so, so I haven't really tuned the doors yet but I got some work in on the L4s and I'm pretty excited about them. I see a lotta potential in them and the 8s together.

·
Registered
3,281 Posts
Half assed better look at them..

I'll get the door panels back in a day or so, so I haven't really tuned the doors yet but I got some work in on the L4s and I'm pretty excited about them. I see a lotta potential in them and the 8s together.
Those turned out really nice, man!

·
Registered
308 Posts
Looks good. How does it sound? As always I am interested in the tune. Where did you cross? How is the response?

·
Registered
950 Posts
Discussion Starter #588 (Edited)
Door panels finally installed. Actually smoothed out the lower midbass response a bit.

Looks good. How does it sound? As always I am interested in the tune. Where did you cross? How is the response?

Sounds pretty good as of now. Got a little top end to work in and to get the sub in and running. Could almost get by without sub if I had to.

I'm having some trouble getting the mids to play under 300 but I'll address that down the road.

X-overs are still a work in progress but as of now...
Midbass is 40-300 24db
Mids are 300-10k 24db
Tweets are 10k and up

This is what it looks like now.... without the tweets

They look awesome!

Those turned out really nice, man!

+1 Awesome Brad! :2thumbsup:

Thanks fellas.

·
Registered
634 Posts
Thanks

For these I actually used grill cloth from your auto trim. Com
Ah. from the pics the material looks smoother than grill cloth would be. What did you use to apply the cloth? I am scratching my head on how you got it to stick to the middle contour. By the way what 2 part expanding foam did you use. It seems to be a great way to create complex shapes.

·
Registered
950 Posts
Discussion Starter #592
Ah. from the pics the material looks smoother than grill cloth would be. What did you use to apply the cloth? I am scratching my head on how you got it to stick to the middle contour. By the way what 2 part expanding foam did you use. It seems to be a great way to create complex shapes.

It's stretched pretty good so it's smoothed out some. I used landau too and trim adhesive, stuffs amazing.

I also used uscomposites 2lb 2 part foam. Stuff is also amazing. Ridiculously easy to sand and shape

·
Registered
950 Posts
Discussion Starter #594
Great work on the Jeep, Brad. Car sounded really good last weekend and the contours on those pillars is impressive in person.

Thanks man. Glad u got to get a little seat time in it. Like to soak up as much Feedback as possible.

Your Durango is no slouch either. One of the better 2 way setups ive heard. Hope to catch up with you again some time

·
Registered
950 Posts
Discussion Starter #595
Back from the dead...

Since photobucket is a bitch, I’ll post some pics of where I left off with this build. And of course where I’ll be picking up again

This was my car posted up at my first finals ever. Threw the back area together in 2 weeks before the show. I finished 7th of 18 in IASCA, about where I expected to fall given the competition. MECA judges were less than impressed. 13 of 16 or something like that. Lost a lot of points due to the overall volume and the areas that affected such as impact and linearity etc etc. So.... things are changing

Here it sits as of now...

·
Registered
102 Posts
Would you go back to using the GB25's ?? The HAT's were that much of a huge improvement?? What tweeters are you now using??
(I cant see any of the previous build pics as I get a Photobucket error - am I the only one?)

Your pillars look AWESOME!

·
Registered
950 Posts
Discussion Starter #597
Would you go back to using the GB25's ?? The HAT's were that much of a huge improvement?? What tweeters are you now using??

(I cant see any of the previous build pics as I get a Photobucket error - am I the only one?)

Your pillars look AWESOME!

Thanks bud,

And No ur not the only one, photobucket wants to charge your first born child to be able to share images now. Here’s a link to my album if you care to dig around.

http://s313.photobucket.com/user/bradknob/library/jeep build

http://s313.photobucket.com/user/bradknob/library/jeep redux

As far as the GB25, would I go back... no. Not that they weren’t great drivers for what they were. Tonaly, they are in a different ball park as the HATs. Granted that’s going from a 2” to a 4” driver. Had the AF gb40 been a little smaller, it was definitely an option.

·
Registered
102 Posts
I am using the GB25's as well, but am very interested in those HAT drivers.

What tweeter are you using? Mid bass driver?

I just got rid of the JL HD amps and replaced them with the Zapco Z150.6 SP amp, so I cant wait to get back to the Class A/B amps!

(I also have a 3way + sub setup)

Thanks!

·
Registered
950 Posts
Discussion Starter #600
I am using the GB25's as well, but am very interested in those HAT drivers.

What tweeter are you using? Mid bass driver?

I just got rid of the JL HD amps and replaced them with the Zapco Z150.6 SP amp, so I cant wait to get back to the Class A/B amps!

(I also have a 3way + sub setup)

Thanks!

Nice!....I’m using L4SE, L8SE and some tang band tweets. They only play 8k and up. I actually have a buddy selling his HAT L3SE flangeless. Prob close to the same OD as the GB25s

581 - 600 of 726 Posts