DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

721 - 740 of 753 Posts

·
Registered
5,644 Posts
^^^. Sadly I am the same way so if it’s not on the forum I am not privy to it..

·
Registered
964 Posts
Discussion Starter #727
Well it’s time for once a year check in, where I start something new, then let life get in the way and never follow through.....

Except now, I’ve given up all side work for a while to focus on my build. I will still compete, but my focus is to just build something wild and have fun enjoying it. Whatever class I end up in, so be it.... likely extreme class

In the coming weeks I will test the theory that “cone area is king”

First order of business is to destroy everything...

Here’s an idea of where this is going. Cut first, measure later...

·
Registered
964 Posts
Discussion Starter #728
So we have HAT 12” clarus, IB in the kicks.
A handful of 6.5” drivers I’ll be trying our for
Midrange duty in sealed enclosures in the dash. And satori beryllium large format tweeters.

One of the greatest milestones to date, being able to fit my vehicle in my garage

Here, we start aiming and glassing the enclosures

Testing figment of the satori driver

This is actually as it sits now. Will continue on the other side and kick baffles in the next couple days

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
dude, fuck yeah! would love to see more pics or hear details about the kicks, specifically what areas you cut and what's behind them.

·
Registered
964 Posts
Discussion Starter #731
dude, fuck yeah! would love to see more pics or hear details about the kicks, specifically what areas you cut and what's behind them.
I’ll try and get some pics but the hole is directly behind the tire, behind the wheel well liner. There a few wires and a small harness that’s easily relocatable, and was also super dry back there.

When u cut through the floor there’s another cavity, that once You cut through it, ur outside.

You can see it in this pic, almost enough room for a sealed 6.5 in the floor

This pic u can see the wheel well liner. Theres about 4” space between it and the metal

I was prepared to pull the fenders and all
Kinda shit, but turns out it takes minimal effort to completely fuck this car up

·
Registered
3,868 Posts
Dude you are nuts, that's freakin awesome!! Just for kicks, you should list your Jeep for sale on Craiglist with those pics!!!

"Slight Dash Modifications"

Reactions: BP1Fanatic

·
Registered
964 Posts
Discussion Starter #734 (Edited)
Dude you are nuts, that's freakin awesome!! Just for kicks, you should list your Jeep for sale on Craiglist with those pics!!!

"Slight Dash Modifications"
Lol, “like new, premium speaker package”

please tell us you have something crazy planned for subs
Something run of the mill, couple IB 18”s most likely.

·
Registered
3,868 Posts
Lol, “like new, premium streamer package”

Something run of the mill, couple IB 18”s most likely.

Here ya go. A couple of these would do you just fine... ;)

Reactions: BP1Fanatic

·
Registered
964 Posts
Discussion Starter #737
Here ya go. A couple of these would do you just fine... ;)

Lol I wish, his subs are some of my favorites. I’ll prob go with 2- FI IB3 18”s.

·
Registered
3,868 Posts
Lol I wish, his subs are some of my favorites. I’ll prob go with 2- FI IB3 18”s.
The FIs were my second choice, but I couldn't fit one so I went with a 10" Hutchinson with custom finish and all CF dust cap and cone. ;)

·
Registered
310 Posts
Crap... Why do I feel I am going to catch an upgrade bug again... Damn you Brad!

Been doing home audio stuff lately...

721 - 740 of 753 Posts