DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

141 - 160 of 726 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Sweet I'll call them tomorrow. Or I fake call in a run for you to go there and you steal some for me
Just charge a gigantic piece to your work and I'll pick it up and we can split it.....:eek:

Also there is 4B Plastics on Choctaw but they are more on the manufacturing side with pvc items but they may stock other materials. Trying to think of some other places.

·
Registered
950 Posts
Discussion Starter #142
Finally got done the part I hate most, running wires. Nothing exciting but it's a big step closer.

Battery under the passenger seat is pretty convenient...

All covered up

Used zip ties to identify which wire was which once it was run from front to back

Just zip tied it along the factory wire bundle

Now just got to get into the doors and passenger side is done. Fast forward a few days, finally got a night to myself and the weather sucks, and i got too much shit in my garage to fit the jeep so u gotta do what u gotta do....

Labeled all the wires that will tap into the oem amp for signal to send to the DSP

Under driver seat is an empty compartment so DSP will go there.

Now all wires are where they need to be. (Besides into the doors). Now I have to tap factory amp and we should have sound.
Finally got the rear quarter panel trim back in after some deadener and MLV

I also got these lil cuties in yesterday. Audiofrog GB25. They will go in the pillars. I ditched the scan tweeters for a set of Audiofrog GB10. These should be in today and will go in the sail panels.

·
Registered
368 Posts
I'm anxious to hear your thoughts on the gb25. I've seen it in a few other threads and about to pull the trigger on a set myself.

·
Registered
950 Posts
Discussion Starter #144
I'm anxious to hear your thoughts on the gb25. I've seen it in a few other threads and about to pull the trigger on a set myself.

Yea can't wait to hear them either. May have to throw them in my desk top setup at work. May be a little while before I get them into the jeep.

I got a good source on them if/when you are ready.

·
Registered
7,202 Posts
Man it isn't often you hear "ditched" along with "scan tweeters" together in the same sentence.

·
Registered
950 Posts
Discussion Starter #146
Man it isn't often you hear "ditched" along with "scan tweeters" together in the same sentence.

Ha! I actually traded them straight up for the GB10s to mate with the GB25. Not sure if a downgrade or not but I wanted them to match.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Coming along nicely. Looking forward to hearing some frogs. You ever find any plexi.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Ha! I actually traded them straight up for the GB10s to mate with the GB25. Not sure if a downgrade or not but I wanted them to match.
What about the mid bass......:eek:

·
Registered
886 Posts
Yea can't wait to hear them either. May have to throw them in my desk top setup at work. May be a little while before I get them into the jeep.

I got a good source on them if/when you are ready.
Please share your gb25 source with me.

·
Registered
950 Posts
Discussion Starter #151
Coming along nicely. Looking forward to hearing some frogs. You ever find any plexi.

Not yet, eBay is the best price so far. Once I get this thing making noise, that will be my next venture.

What about the mid bass......:eek:

Shhhhh. Don't give him that temptation :D

Yea! Wtf is this shit? Leave me alone.

And I meant match visibly..... Until I find a set of GB60s in the classifieds

·
DIYMA Browser
156 Posts
Looks awesome so far Brad! If it's anything half as detailed as the ram was it'll be amazing!
My projects are on the backburner from building this house and Twins!
Holler if you need a hand! I need an excuse to get out lol!

·
Registered
950 Posts
Discussion Starter #153
Looks awesome so far Brad! If it's anything half as detailed as the ram was it'll be amazing!
My projects are on the backburner from building this house and Twins!
Holler if you need a hand! I need an excuse to get out lol!

Thanks man! Hope everything's going well for you and the family. If you think you need an excuse now, wait til the two little ones come. Lol. Next day I have free I'll let u know maybe we can tune ur truck up some too.

Considering I never actually finished tuning the RAM, I'm hoping this one will sound better. There was a few things I wish I had done differently last time so it's nice being able to incorporate in this build. Also the jeep is much quieter inside even before the deadening so that may help out some.

I got the GB10s in yesterday also.

I may be able to fit them into the factory sail panels without much modification, which would be badass

Did a quick text on my desktop setup at work and they sound very nice and detailed. I'm hoping this weekend I'll be able to get the door panels off, run wires in there, add the ccf and MLV and splice the wires into the factory amp. Not sure I'll have the time tho.

·
Registered
7,202 Posts
Anything that can reuse the factory sail panel would be a plus. That panel is nearly ideally made for a tweeter location, and it is sized well.

·
Registered
950 Posts
Discussion Starter #155
Anything that can reuse the factory sail panel would be a plus. That panel is nearly ideally made for a tweeter location, and it is sized well.

Yea ur right. Free time is already hard to come by, so that would be crucial if it fits.

·
Registered
805 Posts
Great looking build. Figured I would pass along info one of the members gave me a couple months ago and made my life much easier. Looks like that's a .50" spiral router bit in this pic. If you don't already know, the .25" spiral cuts through .75 MDF like butter compared to .50". The clouds parted and I heard harps when I used one for the first time! Also, have you tried rough cutting your design with a jig saw first, just to the inside of where your final line will be, then router just the edge left for a perfect edge? Again, just trying to pass along great info members have helped me with in case you already know! :)

·
Registered
950 Posts
Discussion Starter #160
Thanks for the heads up. I guess I just got too lazy for the relief cuts but it's something I should probably do to help the life of the bit. Which is 1/4" btw. Them bad boys aren't cheap either.

141 - 160 of 726 Posts