DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

161 - 180 of 726 Posts

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Dude relief cuts, didn't even think of that lol. Great info.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7,201 Posts
Meanwhile my dumb ass will be trying to make shapes like that with a jig-saw, too poor for templates.

·
Registered
950 Posts
Discussion Starter #163
I started running wires into the doors last night. All I got done was the driver door. It was a fu***** peice of s*** pain In the fu***** a** hole to get them through the same rubber boot that the factory wires go through. Actually had to cut the techflex off of one in order to squeeze it through.

Then the stars aligned, and as destiny would have it...

A little shaving and they slid right in beautifully. Guess the extra hour fartin with the wires doesn't hurt as bad knowing this will save me a few days of sanding, filling, sanding, filling....

·
Registered
3,281 Posts
I started running wires into the doors last night. All I got done was the driver door. It was a fu***** peice of s*** pain In the fu***** a** hole to get them through the same rubber boot that the factory wires go through. Actually had to cut the techflex off of one in order to squeeze it through.

A little shaving and they slid right in beautifully. Guess the extra hour fartin with the wires doesn't hurt as bad knowing this will save me a few days of sanding, filling, sanding, filling....
NICE! Could they fit and match any more perfect..?!

·
Registered
7,201 Posts
Are you shitting me!?? Those tweeters fit perfectly!

BTW, when doing those doors, I bet some 16 gauge 4 conductor sheathed Monoprice wire would be the golden ticket. I'll let you know one day.

edit: Are those the GB10?

If so, here's the dimensions (to find a cheaper tweeter so I don't end up divorced.)

·
Registered
950 Posts
Discussion Starter #168
NICE! Could they fit and match any more perfect..?!

BTW, when doing those doors, I bet some 16 gauge 4 conductor sheathed Monoprice wire would be the golden ticket. I'll let you know one day.

edit: Are those the GB10?

If so, here's the dimensions (to find a cheaper tweeter so I don't end up divorced.)

Yes, the fitment is a thing of beauty. 16ga wire would have been much better than this ridiculous 12ga I used.

And yes those are the GB10s.

·
Registered
7,201 Posts
Well the GS10 appears to be the same size, so that may work. Would still like to find something sub $100 for the pair, but it might be wishful thinking.

·
Registered
3,281 Posts
Yes. That's what my post means... It is making a statement, by asking a question to which the answer is obvious. ;)

·
Registered
3,281 Posts
Yes, the fitment is a thing of beauty. 16ga wire would have been much better than this ridiculous :)laugh:) 12ga I used.

When I ordered a bunch of 12 gauge Karma wire for my build I thought I was "the shit", then when I went to install it I considered myself "a piece of shit" for going with 12 gauge! Lmao

Now I can't wait to see the GB 25s in the pillars next to those tweets!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
3,281 Posts
LOLZ. I wasn't posting at you bro.
Oh, my bad... lmao!

If there's anything worse than my communicating skills, it's my comprehension. :p

·
Registered
886 Posts

Wow.... i am so fricking copying you on these. Ispent a good deal of time making my tweets fit. These are sexy and completely look like the rest of the factory trim. Especially the factory sub ring.

·
Registered
950 Posts
Discussion Starter #177
Gotta love when things actually fit. They look great!

Wires through door boots, UGH! The worst part of any install IMO.
Thanks my man. Running wires, period, is the worst for me and my fat hands. The passenger side has a lot less buttons on it so hopefully there's more room to get them through.

Wow.... i am so fricking copying you on these. Ispent a good deal of time making my tweets fit. These are sexy and completely look like the rest of the factory trim. Especially the factory sub ring.

Can't even get mad at u for that, they just look THAT good and the chrome compliments the interior nicely. If they sound half as good as they look ill do a happy dance

·
Registered
146 Posts
Thanks my man. Running wires, period, is the worst for me and my fat hands. The passenger side has a lot less buttons on it so hopefully there's more room to get them through.

Can't even get mad at u for that, they just look THAT good and the chrome compliments the interior nicely. If they sound half as good as they look ill do a happy dance

I just fired up and did some rough tuning on a GB10/25/60 setup. I am very very very impressed.

·
Registered
113 Posts
I am excited for you man going to be killer!!..

161 - 180 of 726 Posts