DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I’m in the process of build a car audio system for my SUV. I’m unsure as to which brand or brands to consider. I want good sound quality, but I also want to be able to rumble down the block if I want. Any suggestions on a brand?

·
Registered
934 Posts
Budget?

·
Registered
219 Posts
Take a look at DC Audio their subs really thump and sound good doing it. They build the subs about a mile from my house, it’s pretty cool to watch.

·
Registered
8,116 Posts
I'm thinking around $5K for the complete setup.
stereo Integrity for subs, Mosconi for amps, Audiofrog for front 3 way, and Helix for DSP. Helix for DSP amp combo would also work.

·
Registered
934 Posts
No experience or ever even seen the Sundown Neo MB used.

Sundown and Stereo Integrity are Sisters out of the same building. SI for SQL all the way. There's no one else making a SQ Sub that can keep up with the SQL when pushed right now. If you've got the budget (your close) to do the HST (they need big power to really thump) in sealed then you'll also need to consider structural reinforcement.

SI for Subs
Helix M4.DSP Bridged for Front Audiofrog/Morel/Focal Midbass
2nd Helix M4 (no DSP) for Mids/Highs
Sundown for Sub Amp

·
Registered
407 Posts
So, I’m in the process of build a car audio system for my SUV. I’m unsure as to which brand or brands to consider. I want good sound quality, but I also want to be able to rumble down the block if I want. Any suggestions on a brand?
That's exactly what this forum is here for, you can poke around on your own and see what people are using...

What model SUV?

Reactions: PGHBASSHEAD

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
No experience or ever even seen the Sundown Neo MB used.

Sundown and Stereo Integrity are Sisters out of the same building. SI for SQL all the way. There's no one else making a SQ Sub that can keep up with the SQL when pushed right now. If you've got the budget (your close) to do the HST (they need big power to really thump) in sealed then you'll also need to consider structural reinforcement.

SI for Subs
Helix M4.DSP Bridged for Front Audiofrog/Morel/Focal Midbass
2nd Helix M4 (no DSP) for Mids/Highs
Sundown for Sub Amp
What about these? Sundown Audio NeoPro v3 6.5" Midrange 4ohm

I'm thinking about going with these in the doors. My plan is to build custom panels, so I'd have four in each door.

·
Registered
934 Posts
What about these? Sundown Audio NeoPro v3 6.5" Midrange 4ohm

I'm thinking about going with these in the doors. My plan is to build custom panels, so I'd have four in each door.
That's the same speaker - FtR I've never used anything from Sundown except Subs and Amps. Sundown is a great company for SPL but they don't even publish specs for this speaker other than impedance and wattage. Before I used 4x door pods I'd get the T/S Specs for them and compare them to Stevens or other MB drivers that will fit...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts