DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2,330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I posted in another thread, that the Brax DSP is coming to end of it's life-cycle.
Within an hour; I've gotten 13 private messages, asking if that was true?

Here's the deal;
The Brax DSP was only ever intended to have a limited production run of 1,000 units.
As of today; Audiotec-Fischer is quickly approaching that number, and if order trending continues, then they intend to stop production of this item by this spring.

I got this information today, from the owner of MSC (MSC is the North American distributor of Audiotec-Fischer).

Now, I realize this news will not affect 99.9% of folks reading this...
But for the few that are seriously contimplating dropping $6K (US) on a DSP, and want the best of the best... then you had better act fast.

They're all custom ordered, and built to order specification: BRAX DSP

Audiotec-Fischer will continue to support this product indefinitely. They just won't build any new ones, once they've hit the 1,000 unit mark.

·
Registered
780 Posts
Did not know this beforehand, but I actually ordered one earlier in the week and got confirmation on estimated production time today. Specced mine with 2x digital and 2x analog input modules, 6x analog output modules and the just released HD version of the Bluetooth module (BT5.0) which will also allow for wireless (bt) connection for the upcoming V5.0 of DSP pc-tool.

More or less in the nick of time then!

·
Premium Member
1,954 Posts
Did not know this beforehand, but I actually ordered one earlier in the week and got confirmation on estimated production time today. Specced mine with 2x digital and 2x analog input modules, 6x analog output modules and the just released HD version of the Bluetooth module (BT5.0) which will also allow for wireless (bt) connection for the upcoming V5.0 of DSP pc-tool.

More or less in the nick of time then!
Do you have a link for the hd Bluetooth module? Brax only?

·
Registered
519 Posts
"

Need pricing my credit card wants to buy buy buy

·
Registered
19,894 Posts
If you need one before it's gone, let me know :)

·
Registered
519 Posts
If you need one before it's gone, let me know :)
Can I buy one and pay you back in 5 years when I have a car worthy of a brax?

·
Registered
780 Posts
Can I buy one and pay you back in 5 years when I have a car worthy of a brax?
Don't know what car is worthy, but it looks like when you send your brand new G-wagen to Brabus who will upgrade it for more than the purchase price of the actual car, they don't put Bose or JBL in their premium audio package ;)

·
Registered
519 Posts
Don't know what car is worthy, but it looks like when you send your brand new G-wagen to Brabus who will upgrade it for more than the purchase price of the actual car, they don't put Bose or JBL in their premium audio package ;)

Sheeeeeeeeeeeeesh

·
Premium Member
1,954 Posts
I did wonder if the promised audio wifi streaming device that’s been seen a few yrs ago would hit the shelves at some point

the audiostage hec

View attachment 321840
This is actually what I'm interested in! Any release info yet?

·
Registered
2,415 Posts
They might upgrade the Brax DSP and call it the Matrix DSP… I heard a rumor about this a long time ago so not sure if that’s going to happen or not…

I think as the other companies start implementing the ESS pro dacs in their models the Brax would be falling behind in terms of sonic performance

With the new trend to use the ESS Pro dacs in the new F1 and Zapco and Resolut the Brax is seemingly overpriced as apart from the F1 the others are less than half price of the Brax

Yes the Brax can do more on the tuning side but some people don’t need that much tuning ability and are doing well with the others…

I would love to do a side by side comparison to the Brax and my Resolut to see how they compare sonically - depending on who you speak to the Resolut actually sounds better for 1/3rd of the price…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
780 Posts
A review with a bit more in-depth info on this module:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts