DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey guys! Havent been posting lately on my build log, was due to me waiting on a few things! Finally, this beauty came in after waiting around 2 months due to backorder and limited supplies... Will be switching out my helix dsp mk2 pro, and see what kind of improvement that brings to the sound stage. Will keep you guys posted! Cheers

Attachments

Registered
Cool, i am looking forward to your thoughts on this incredibly expensive piece of gear 馃榿

The posts on the Brax stuff is few and far between .

Registered
For me the staging doesn鈥檛 improve over say a dsp ultra, but鈥 the sound quality is a little better, not night and day better, but more detailed, it will however be a good improvement for a pro 2 馃憤馃徏 Let us know how you get on

Registered
For me the staging doesn鈥檛 improve over say a dsp ultra, but鈥 the sound quality is a little better, not night and day better, but more detailed, it will however be a good improvement for a pro 2 馃憤馃徏 Let us know how you get on
Yeah the ultra has nice components鈥 high end Texas Instruments op amps鈥 but the Brax is just silly it鈥檚 attention to detail on the construction and internal components is the best of the best the gut shots are beautiful

Registered
I would hope that the time domain performance is also improved as a result of the higher sample rate of the DSP and hopefully better clocks and jitter performance. Which should translate to better micro and macro dynamics including sound staging. I would love to try one in my system but that will never happen unless @JimmyDee buys one in the future and lets me borrow it for a day ....hint hint wink wink ...lol!

Registered
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
You didnt try to return it like everything else?
Surely i would have if i bought from you, selling it almost double the price it goes for. Anyways, if you have nothing positive to add, please dont comment! Although, I would love your positive feedback since I know you have installed many.
Definately! Will be getting it the car tonight, will do some tuning and testing 馃槈
Looking forward to hearing your feedback on this beautiful piece of gear.
Thank you! Stay tuned :)

Registered
Very nice unit, what configuration did you order? Analog inputs and outputs?

Are these priced more favourably in Indonesia than locally?

Registered
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Very nice unit, what configuration did you order? Analog inputs and outputs?

Are these priced more favourably in Indonesia than locally?
I'll be using the analog inputs and outputs, but it also has coaxial/digital also.

And yes, I was able to find a better pricing through a friend in indonesia, much less then what I would pay here!

Attachments

Registered
Wow serial Number 854 amazing a lot of folks have spent some serious coin on these. There seems to be enough out there, but no discussion on the forms for some reason. Must not be the DIY crowd buying them perhaps, at least not in the US or Can. Hmm

Premium Member
2016 Mazda 6 GT
Very nice! For sh!ts and giggles鈥 MSRP? And do you mind sharing what they sell for in Indonesia? If not, that鈥檚 cool too. Just curious.

Reactions: ExoTicLeveL

Registered
second MSRP question-
Also, I am up for adoption in case you want to give that brax unit to someone...

Reactions: ExoTicLeveL

Registered
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Very nice! For sh!ts and giggles鈥 MSRP? And do you mind sharing what they sell for in Indonesia? If not, that鈥檚 cool too. Just curious.
I live in Canada, and asked around for the DSP from brax dealers, but none had in stock or ETA, selling for $9000 CAD + taxes.. opted that route, went on the 2nd option, which in US MSRP is $6500, had a couple in stock but shipping and duties/insurance would bump it up to around 8k US for me here in Canada... opted that also. Luckily my friend who owns a audiostore in Indonesia had last one remaining in stock, and gave me his dealer price which was $4250 USD, including shipping/duties/taxes, and he also threw me a free brax HD USB card, which was awesome of him! Retail in Indonesia is around 5500 USD. Got a heck of a deal! Also Ive heard this from others and my friend also confirmed, they are only limiting to 1000 Pieces of the Brax DSP for now since where they make the DAC chips, the factory burned down and have only limited supplies until further notice. Hope that helps on the curiosity side 馃槈 Cheers!

Registered
I have to agree with skizer. These drivers are beautiful and extremely expensive!
Having a shipping like that and have the drivers fly around the box would kill me inside.

I don't want to say anything negative, but this is unacceptable. :(

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

Reactions: Porsche

Registered
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Just to update...

After installing the brax dsp, could immediately tell difference in quality! First off the loading time was basically none. My previous mk2 pro would take about 5-10 seconds to start, and when switching presets, the mk2 pro took about 7-10 seconds, while the brax takes only 2-3, which is a neat improvement. All channels, high/midrange/midbass and subass had a huge audible improvement, the tweeters sounded more prcise and clear, while the midrange is more focued and sharp. The midbass and subbass had the biggest improvement overall.. the midbass sounds more expanded and pronounced throughout while the subbass has become more smoother and linear. Did not imagine just by switching a dsp it can make such a drastic improvement. Now I need to adjust tuning properly and a few tweaks along the way. Ive spent alot of time, effort, and money in this build, hoping for it all to work out! Still working on the build currently, getting the door panels redone, and a pillars. Will post a few pics of how it looks after everything is settled! Cheers!

Registered
Just to update...

After installing the brax dsp, could immediately tell difference in quality! First off the loading time was basically none. My previous mk2 pro would take about 5-10 seconds to start, and when switching presets, the mk2 pro took about 7-10 seconds, while the brax takes only 2-3, which is a neat improvement. All channels, high/midrange/midbass and subass had a huge audible improvement, the tweeters sounded more prcise and clear, while the midrange is more focued and sharp. The midbass and subbass had the biggest improvement overall.. the midbass sounds more expanded and pronounced throughout while the subbass has become more smoother and linear. Did not imagine just by switching a dsp it can make such a drastic improvement. Now I need to adjust tuning properly and a few tweaks along the way. Ive spent alot of time, effort, and money in this build, hoping for it all to work out! Still working on the build currently, getting the door panels redone, and a pillars. Will post a few pics of how it looks after everything is settled! Cheers!
Feedback is on expected line, as in your first post you mentioned improvement. How would you quantify the so called improvement, as adjectives used are familiar.
Its your money, effort, time yet I would like to know how that can happen, just by switching a dsp, everything else stays same?

Registered
I'd love to see the eq settings lol

Reactions: inuyama and Porsche
1 - 20 of 47 Posts