DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,941 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys

So who has these speakers and what do you think of them? Are you running them active or passive? These are the ones with the 1.1, 2.1 & 6.1 with those large passives...

Thanks guys

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
65 Posts
I have the ML1s in my current setup on-axis active 8khz 24db LR. It's a very neutral tweeter. I enjoy them, however I think the lowest they should be crossed is 3khz. Any lower and they sound mega brittle and thin even though they "can play on the RTA."

If money no issue, I would rather run a Beryllium TBM. Absolutely love them.

·
Registered
1,941 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have the ML1s in my current setup on-axis active 8khz 24db LR. It's a very neutral tweeter. I enjoy them, however I think the lowest they should be crossed is 3khz. Any lower and they sound mega brittle and thin even though they "can play on the RTA."

If money no issue, I would rather run a Beryllium TBM. Absolutely love them.
View attachment 275755
Yeah - the Brax speakers are good speakers but not widely used as a complete set - so I was curious how they sound

·
Registered
48 Posts
I want to see some measurements of the midbasses, the one with the phase plug and the one with one. It would be nice if they measure great for a 2way.

·
Registered
1,941 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I want to see some measurements of the midbasses, the one with the phase plug and the one with one. It would be nice if they measure great for a 2way.
The tweeter has a low FS it should be able to play quite low so it should work well as a 2 way....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts